Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 01-18-2012, 01:51 PM   #1
maxsassy
maxsassy began at the beginning.

Device: ipad, kindle
Transfering from one kindle to another?

Can you transfer books from one kindle to another? Friend has a new kindle and wanted to give her what I have one mine that I put on it myself. I know I can just bring it home with me and get the books off my computer but was just wondering.

Thanks
maxsassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 06:08 PM   #2
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
If they were purchased through the Amazon store, then you could register your account to their Kindle, and they could download what you've already purchased.

And they could make purchases through your account as long as it's registered on their Kindle.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-19-2012, 12:42 PM   #3
drjpreston
Enthusiast
drjpreston can extract oil from cheesedrjpreston can extract oil from cheesedrjpreston can extract oil from cheesedrjpreston can extract oil from cheesedrjpreston can extract oil from cheesedrjpreston can extract oil from cheesedrjpreston can extract oil from cheesedrjpreston can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 3 & Fire
My wife and four adult daughters all share books on the same account as posted above.

I have also shared books with my son by being sure the books on my Kindle is listed in Calibre. I then I attach his Kindle to my computer and transfer my books to his Kindle via Calibre.

It is also possible to email the book file and have them load it from their computer.

I have also emailed the book file to their Amazon Kindle email address and after a few hours the book in automatically placed on their Kindle by Amazon.
drjpreston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 12:44 PM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by drjpreston View Post
My wife and four adult daughters all share books on the same account as posted above.

I have also shared books with my son by being sure the books on my Kindle is listed in Calibre. I then I attach his Kindle to my computer and transfer my books to his Kindle via Calibre.

It is also possible to email the book file and have them load it from their computer.

I have also emailed the book file to their Amazon Kindle email address and after a few hours the book in automatically placed on their Kindle by Amazon.
That will only work if the books are DRM-free. A DRM-protected book is locked to a specific Kindle.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 06:16 PM   #5
maxsassy
maxsassy began at the beginning.

Device: ipad, kindle
Thanks everyone. Will do as you say this weekend and it should be easy enough for me to do.
maxsassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert