Notices

Old 10-01-2011, 10:53 AM   #1
Woody_in_MN
Enthusiast
Woody_in_MN began at the beginning.

Device: none
Question Question about app installs

Ok - kind of a techy question here:

When I do an install, I download a apk file. After I do the actual install from the apk, are there left over files from the install that I can/should remove because they are no longer needed? Or does the install MOVE the apk file from the downloads folder to the apps folder?

(If I knew where the downlaods folder resides, I would not have to ask this question - but I don't.)

Thanks,

- w
Woody_in_MN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 01:42 PM   #2
ptsenter
Addict
ptsenter has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kobo eReader Wireless
If an app installed successfully there are no leftovers.
Otherwise, e.g., Market writes into

/sdcard/download.

Amazon has own cache, check under

/data/data.
ptsenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-01-2011, 04:02 PM   #3
Woody_in_MN
Enthusiast

I think I answered my own question: By using the ES File Manager (I had been using Android Explorer - which shows EVERYTHING), I was able to find the download folder and deleted a couple apk downloads. After deleting I still have the working app. So this was kind of what I expected - just did not know where to find the downloads folder.
Old 10-01-2011, 07:28 PM   #4
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody_in_MN View Post
I think I answered my own question: By using the ES File Manager (I had been using Android Explorer - which shows EVERYTHING), I was able to find the download folder and deleted a couple apk downloads. After deleting I still have the working app. So this was kind of what I expected - just did not know where to find the downloads folder.
Before deleting them it might be a good idea to copy them to a USB stick so you have a backup should you ever need to reinstall.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 08:34 PM   #5
Woody_in_MN
Enthusiast

Thanks Ivan

I have a SD card coming. I only have a couple new apps installed so far - those are pretty available for download.
Advert