Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 03-01-2011, 11:18 AM   #1
leebase
Karma Kameleon
leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPhone X, Kindle Fire Tab HD 8, Walmart Onn
Pathfinder - Orson Scott Card

I'll come clean at the start that I'm a HUGE fan of Orson Scott card's fiction. Whether it's sci fi books like the Ender series or fantasy like the Alvin Maker series. OSC just never fails to connect with me through his memorable characters.

Pathfinder is no different. Pathfinder is a bit of modern day Huckleberry Finn -- meets sci fi time travel -- meets paranormal powers. It's a Young Adult targeted novel, reads very fast and is enjoyable on an adult level as well. It's the first book in a series and clearly leaves the reader wanting more (in a good way).

I was hooked after the first chapter. I just LOVED the interaction between father and son. Even though I've mentioned the time travel and paranormal powers aspects of the book, they really are brought in over the course of the book. I highly recommend folks download the free couple of chapters from Amazon or iBooks (or wherever you get your books) and give the first chapter a read.

This book was a real treat.

Lee
leebase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 12:03 PM   #2
queentess
Reading is sexy
queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Thanks, I may check this out. I've read and loved most of Card's older works, but I stopped paying attention to him after Ender in Exile (I couldn't get past the "you must be a breeder" Mormon message).

I'm very sad this is an agency-priced book... maybe I'll hit the library first.
queentess is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-01-2011, 12:04 PM   #3
queentess
Reading is sexy
queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Ooo, bonus! It's the first in a series!
queentess is offline   Reply With Quote