Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-03-2012, 04:38 PM   #61
Titano
Definitely not King Kong
Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Device: Kindle Touch
Update: Okay attached is an update for mplayer. Just unzip the attached file and copy all the contained files to apps. (You you will copy 'menu.json', 'start.json', 'stop.json', and the folder 'mplayer' to the folder 'apps' in 'extensions' on your kindle. If you need more help just ask.) Like I said before I'll add it to the main version when I release it (I'm working on something else.)

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by techiemonkey View Post
this...this is AWESOME.all the apps that didnt work for me when i tried them on my own are now working just because of gui launcher collection that you have made.did you modify the programs because i had followed all the steps but still some extensions didnt work but after installing gui launcher collection,they worked. please can you add mplayer for kindle touch too.here is the link https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...+touch+mplayer
@TechieMonkey, I'll see what I can do. As for modifying the programs I did change some of the paths around but all the programs themselves are the same. Some programs are just picky (but they are usually the best ). If I get mplayer working all add a update here and then merge it with the next version. Thanks for using this and hope I can help.
Attached Files
File Type: zip mplayer-update.zip (3.81 MB, 246 views)

Last edited by Titano; 08-03-2012 at 05:17 PM.
Titano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 09:53 PM   #62
lkewei
lkewei began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titano View Post
No problem, thanks for telling me about that app (I had no clue). I don't have time right now to add it to the main version (I will) but I can upload it for you (most of the work was already done). Attached is a zip, extract it and copy all the files (menu.json, config.xml, and the folder KinGo) to your games folder in extensions on your kindle. I hope I helped.
Thank you, Titano! I installed this app according to the original post, but it was not working. Now with your collection, it works like a charm.
lkewei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 02:00 PM   #63
TulseLuper
Connoisseur
TulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with others

Device: kindle touch
Hi there ! going to test it now !
TulseLuper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 09:46 PM   #64
Titano
Definitely not King Kong
Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

I have a new version ready, I'm just waiting for the new Komic release. it has mplayer support, better audio recorder/player support, nano (a text editor), a waf that launches ebuddy (a chat site), extend and a few fixes. I've added a way to edit mplayer's feed playlist locally. Audio player now makes mp3s and uses mplayer to play them. Nano has touch support and runs for xterm. The ebuddy waf, is the mobile site. Extend test to see if extend is already installed if it is then it skips it. (It also skips it in the uninstaller if installed before.). I've gotten the collections uninstaller working again so you don't need a computer to remove the installer. All in all, this version looks good! Again I'm just waiting for the new Komic release and thought I would give a progress report.

Last edited by Titano; 08-07-2012 at 06:41 AM.
Old 08-07-2012, 03:31 AM   #65
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
I have a new version ready, I'm just waiting for the new Komic release. it has mplayer support, better audio player support, nano (a text editor), a waf that launches ebuddy (a chat site), extend and a few fixes.
Be careful with the "extend" / optware stuff. It occupies a lot of space on the Kindle once installed. I strongly suggest to bundle the alternative 100MB image, instead of the original 500MB one...

Anyway, your description looks really cool. Probably time to finally install it

PS: Another suggestion - as you are updating quite frequently, use version numbers in the first post. In the simplest case, this could just be the release date (e.g. 2012-08-07). This way, people can easily check if they have the most recent version.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 06:33 AM   #66
Titano
Definitely not King Kong

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
Be careful with the "extend" / optware stuff. It occupies a lot of space on the Kindle once installed. I strongly suggest to bundle the alternative 100MB image, instead of the original 500MB one...

Anyway, your description looks really cool. Probably time to finally install it

PS: Another suggestion - as you are updating quite frequently, use version numbers in the first post. In the simplest case, this could just be the release date (e.g. 2012-08-07). This way, people can easily check if they have the most recent version.
Thanks for the feedback ixtab! I am releasing it with a 80mb image, I think that's large enough to be used by a newb (Like myself) but small enough to not take up much space. They can always make it bigger! Also thanks again for the feedback. I'll take your advice and change my release versions to dates.

Last edited by Titano; 08-07-2012 at 06:42 AM.
Old 08-07-2012, 08:34 AM   #67
BillyBigStuff
Enthusiast
BillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and grace

Device: K5 B011 5.3.2
What did you change to make it record mp3s instead of WAVs? s it as simple as changing the line from WAV to mp3 or is it something different entirely?
Bill
BillyBigStuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 11:29 AM   #68
Titano
Definitely not King Kong

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyBigStuff View Post
What did you change to make it record mp3s instead of WAVs? s it as simple as changing the line from WAV to mp3 or is it something different entirely?
Bill
Actually it still records wav's but then converts them to mp3's using lame. I though about piping the audio through arecord to lame but just couldn't seam to make it work.
Old 08-07-2012, 12:26 PM   #69
BillyBigStuff
Enthusiast
BillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and grace

Device: K5 B011 5.3.2
Quote:
Actually it still records wav's but then converts them to mp3's using lame. I though about piping the audio through arecord to lame but just couldn't seam to make it work.
Ah, I see, seems like the logical way to do it to me
Is lame already on the kindle? Or is it added in your next update?
BillyBigStuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 12:29 PM   #70
Titano
Definitely not King Kong

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyBigStuff View Post
Ah, I see, seems like the logical way to do it to me
Is lame already on the kindle? Or is it added in your next update?
It does not come installed on the kindle but with my next update I'm adding the binary.
Old 08-08-2012, 12:14 PM   #71
techiemonkey
Tech Geek Forever
techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch hacked
Hey Titano.you are full of surprises.anyway does the notepad in your new unreleased collection support saving and if yes then which format.txt,mobi,prc,doc or some format of its own?
techiemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 02:21 PM   #72
Titano
Definitely not King Kong

Quote:
Originally Posted by techiemonkey View Post
Hey Titano.you are full of surprises.anyway does the notepad in your new unreleased collection support saving and if yes then which format.txt,mobi,prc,doc or some format of its own?
'My' text editor is just nano, no modifications (besides running with -m for mouse support) or anything. So it supports everything that nano supports (which is quite a lot). Txt is going to be the one to use though.

Last edited by Titano; 08-08-2012 at 02:29 PM.
Old 08-08-2012, 03:08 PM   #73
Titano
Definitely not King Kong

Okay, I've uploaded the new version. I'll add komic when it's released as I'm sure were all waiting in anticipation for it. (Silver18's work looks great!) As mentioned above it adds nano, mplayer, ebuddy, for chat, and helps fix a few things (mostly the audio recorder/player).
Old 08-09-2012, 12:58 AM   #74
Ilogis
Enthusiast
Ilogis began at the beginning.

Device: none
I think you should make an alternate pack without the "Start/Stop Extend" option. It costs a lot of space and noob user like me never use it anyway.

CollectionSync is a great ultility, include it pls , work faster than Collection manager, very handy

Otherwise good job.
Ilogis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 08:32 PM   #75
Titano
Definitely not King Kong

Just thought I would give a progress report. I know I said that I would add Komic when it was released but right now I don't have to time to get it ready. I'm making a new installer (it allows you to choose what you want to install and not install) and have to finish that. The main problem is I have band, a festive in my town, and school is starting. So It might be four or five days before I release the next version. I'm planning on adding Collections Manager, the screensaver copier thing (I don't remember the name off hand), and... of course the new Komic release. Thanks for your patience, sorry for any inconvenience.

Tags
apps, collection, gui launcher, launcher add-ons, organisation