Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-24-2012, 01:44 PM   #46
TulseLuper
Connoisseur
TulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with others

Device: kindle touch
I was thinking about what would be desirable on a unified gui collection ,

and I came to this;

Games>
chess ( pbchess for me this moment )
sudoku
sokoban
reversi
tic tac toe
ataxx
gems

Apps >
alternative reader ( I donīt know one at this moment )
komic
visual notepad ( I donīt know one at this moment )
chat/irc client
( such https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=179533 )
a music stream player client ( I donīt know one at this moment
email interface ( gmail,hotmail...) - notifier ? -
calculator
audio recorder ( couldnīt get to work yet , but would be cool on collection )

Draw>
draw tool
move to images
image viewer

Hidden>
auto generate collections (collectionsync )
orientation ( maybe adding the acelerometer option ? )
landscape web browser
disable/enable screensaver
network info
xterm
update launcher
start usbnetwork

And maybe xterm and update launcher again on main menu ?

-----

This is just a guess on what would be top level for me in terms of final usability on a gui collection .

In fact i found this other thread where much have been discussed ;
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=166925

See ya
TulseLuper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 02:05 PM   #47
Titano
Definitely not King Kong
Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by TulseLuper View Post
I was thinking about what would be desirable on a unified gui collection ,

and I came to this;

Games>
chess ( pbchess for me this moment )
sudoku
sokoban
reversi
tic tac toe
ataxx
gems

Apps >
alternative reader ( I donīt know one at this moment )
komic
visual notepad ( I donīt know one at this moment )
chat/irc client
( such https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=179533 )
a music stream player client ( I donīt know one at this moment
email interface ( gmail,hotmail...) - notifier ? -
calculator
audio recorder ( couldnīt get to work yet , but would be cool on collection )

Draw>
draw tool
move to images
image viewer

Hidden>
auto generate collections (collectionsync )
orientation ( maybe adding the acelerometer option ? )
landscape web browser
disable/enable screensaver
network info
xterm
update launcher
start usbnetwork

And maybe xterm and update launcher again on main menu ?

-----

This is just a guess on what would be top level for me in terms of final usability on a gui collection .

In fact i found this other thread where much have been discussed ;
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=166925

See ya
Thanks TulseLuper, I'll take a look into some of these apps and see what I can do. At the moment I'm working on adding a converter to the audio recorder so you can play recorded audio in the mp3 player. I'll get to it eventually though. Thanks again for your input, I hope I can help.
Titano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 03:04 AM   #48
jmseight
Zealot
jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle 3G, Kindle Touch 3G, iRiver Story HD, Sony Reader
Hi Titano,

I just got a KT, upgraded it to 5.1.0, and JB'ed it with un, GUILauncher and jbpatch. Sorry for not understanding. Would you please tell me exactly how to install your package.

Do I unzip everything directly into the 'extensions' folder? Then SSH and execute 'install.sh'? There is an 'collections.zip' file within the package.

Thanks,
James
jmseight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 03:52 AM   #49
TulseLuper
Connoisseur
TulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with others

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmseight View Post
Hi Titano,

I just got a KT, upgraded it to 5.1.0, and JB'ed it with un, GUILauncher and jbpatch. Sorry for not understanding. Would you please tell me exactly how to install your package.

Do I unzip everything directly into the 'extensions' folder? Then SSH and execute 'install.sh'? There is an 'collections.zip' file within the package.

Thanks,
James
Hi James

You may now paste the folder [collections] , containing the zipped collections.zip - no , you wont extract it , the install.sh will do this -and those *.sh as install.sh into extensions folder.

You will have extensions/collections/[containing, collections.zip and the *.sh ]

As you sad you already installed gui launcher . you can acess xterm from gui launcher.

enter xterm ,

then type "cd /mnt/us/extensions/collections/"

this will get you into the folder

you can check with "ls" on xterm

then simply type "./install.sh"

you will see the progress ; it may restart ; and then you should be good to go.

as usual , you can type "exit" to get out xterm

Last edited by TulseLuper; 07-27-2012 at 03:56 AM.
Old 07-27-2012, 12:12 PM   #50
jmseight
Zealot
jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle 3G, Kindle Touch 3G, iRiver Story HD, Sony Reader
Thanks TulseLuper.

This works well. Except I do not have Xterm with my GUI Launcher so I used SSH through USB cable.

Best Regards,
James
jmseight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 07:06 PM   #51
Titano
Definitely not King Kong
Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Quote:
Hi James

You may now paste the folder [collections] , containing the zipped collections.zip - no , you wont extract it , the install.sh will do this -and those *.sh as install.sh into extensions folder.

You will have extensions/collections/[containing, collections.zip and the *.sh ]

As you sad you already installed gui launcher . you can acess xterm from gui launcher.

enter xterm ,

then type "cd /mnt/us/extensions/collections/"

this will get you into the folder

you can check with "ls" on xterm

then simply type "./install.sh"

you will see the progress ; it may restart ; and then you should be good to go.

as usual , you can type "exit" to get out xterm
You don't need to use xterm or usbnetwork, all you have to do is restart (or killall cvm) your kindle after you have copied the collections folder. for you help TulseLuper, your way does work and when I finish this version then I will try to explain it better.
Old 07-28-2012, 01:59 AM   #52
TulseLuper
Connoisseur

Thatīs all right !

I just tend (or try to ) be eminently explicit with these things, since every moment is learning , being clear with some things - like the exact way to grab track of the rabbit's hole - shows to be pretty economical too at second tought.

As iīm not a developer at all -and neither english speaker-, i tend to see that little lacks of information lead to some kind of alienation from the process itself, what is quite normal these days , but at least for me I fell like when things are self explainable we can open a great space for real exchange of experience and will !

Getting back;

Maybe itīs just the dialetical exercise of doubt , and the will that much more people can - at least for a moment - apropriate back from theirīs own experience itself and from the experience with the things,,..,

- -

Or this is the long way of saying that making developing user friendly - yes, user-friendly development - may be really a good path.

Discrete computing and interfaces makes people really dumb some times...

And every day, I love more the long way - But i canīt remember all the names of the streets. Or a dozen oh phone numbers.

or better, in other words, maybe the shortcuts never work for me

Last edited by TulseLuper; 07-28-2012 at 02:10 AM. Reason: and thanks Titano , for all the help ! ;)
Old 07-28-2012, 07:40 PM   #53
Titano
Definitely not King Kong

Quote:
Thatīs all right !

I just tend (or try to ) be eminently explicit with these things, since every moment is learning , being clear with some things - like the exact way to grab track of the rabbit's hole - shows to be pretty economical too at second tought.

As iīm not a developer at all -and neither english speaker-, i tend to see that little lacks of information lead to some kind of alienation from the process itself, what is quite normal these days , but at least for me I fell like when things are self explainable we can open a great space for real exchange of experience and will !

Getting back;

Maybe itīs just the dialetical exercise of doubt , and the will that much more people can - at least for a moment - apropriate back from theirīs own experience itself and from the experience with the things,,..,

- -

Or this is the long way of saying that making developing user friendly - yes, user-friendly development - may be really a good path.

Discrete computing and interfaces makes people really dumb some times...

And every day, I love more the long way - But i canīt remember all the names of the streets. Or a dozen oh phone numbers.

or better, in other words, maybe the shortcuts never work for me
I took your advice and tried to make it easier as well as described how to trouble shoot. (kind of..)
Old 07-31-2012, 12:41 AM   #54
lkewei
lkewei began at the beginning.

Can you add this one to your collection? https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=177171
lkewei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 02:49 AM   #55
Titano
Definitely not King Kong

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkewei View Post
Can you add this one to your collection? https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=177171
No problem, thanks for telling me about that app (I had no clue). I don't have time right now to add it to the main version (I will) but I can upload it for you (most of the work was already done). Attached is a zip, extract it and copy all the files (menu.json, config.xml, and the folder KinGo) to your games folder in extensions on your kindle. I hope I helped.
Attached Files
File Type: zip games.zip (76.7 KB, 226 views)
Old 08-02-2012, 09:11 PM   #56
Titano
Definitely not King Kong

Updated again. Now includes the games Frotz and KinGo as well as the timed screenshot utility and the installer now as a prompt. I also fixed an error with komic.
Old 08-03-2012, 04:35 AM   #57
icantbebothered
Penguin
icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2.1
hello
does anyone know if the launcher collection works on the newest kindle touch?
thanks.
icantbebothered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 06:25 AM   #58
techiemonkey
Tech Geek Forever
techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch hacked
where is the download for the latest version.UPDATE:NEVERMIND I GOT IT@icantbebothered welcome to the forums and the answer to your question is yes.infact this has been made specifically for the kindle touch.
techiemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 11:27 AM   #59
icantbebothered
Penguin
icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2.1
yay!

Thanks
icantbebothered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 11:29 AM   #60
techiemonkey
Tech Geek Forever
techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch hacked
this...this is AWESOME.all the apps that didnt work for me when i tried them on my own are now working just because of gui launcher collection that you have made.did you modify the programs because i had followed all the steps but still some extensions didnt work but after installing gui launcher collection,they worked. please can you add mplayer for kindle touch too.here is the link https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...+touch+mplayer

Last edited by techiemonkey; 08-03-2012 at 11:59 AM.
techiemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
apps, collection, gui launcher, launcher add-ons, organisation