Notices

Old 01-30-2010, 11:19 AM   #1
jomaweb
Connoisseur
jomaweb is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle DX
calibre cut-off the filenames and foldernames

Hi

sorry but I didn't found an answer to this problem nor the forums neither the manual.

Calibre seems to cut the filenames or foldernames to 40 chars.

can I avoid this?
jomaweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 11:50 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
If you are talking about the folder names inside the Calibre library, then yes it does cut them off. Ideally you should treat the Calibre library as a "Black Box" about which you do not need to know the internal details. A limit such as this is not visible if you use Calibre to handle all interactions with its library which is the recommended way of doing things. If you export books from Calibre using the "Save To Disk" facility then this limit does not apply.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-30-2010, 11:51 AM   #3
jomaweb
Connoisseur
jomaweb is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle DX
I don't like to loose control over my folders but...ok.
jomaweb is offline   Reply With Quote