Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-22-2009, 03:38 PM   #1
Lilly
Guru
Lilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-900 & PRS-950, Amazon Kindle2
My Kindle 2 Has SHIPPED!

Greetings from Amazon.com.

We thought you'd like to know that we shipped your items, and that this
completes your order.

You can track the status of this order, and all your orders, online by
visiting Your Account at http://www.amazon.com/gp/css/history/view.html

There you can:
* Track your shipment
* View the status of unshipped items
* Cancel unshipped items
* Return items
* And do much more

The following items have been shipped to you by Amazon.com:
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Qty Item Price Shipped Subtotal

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Amazon.com items (Sold by Amazon.com, LLC):

1 Kindle 2: Amazon's New Wir... $359.00 1 $359.00

Shipped via USPS

Tracking number:

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Item Subtotal: $359.00
Shipping and handling: $6.98

Total: $365.98
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 03:43 PM   #2
electristan
newbie reader
electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: reMarkable, Boox T68, Kobo Mini, Nook STR, Sony PRS-505
Congratulations! So jealous take lots of pictures to share.
electristan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-22-2009, 04:07 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Congratulations. Which shipping option did you choose? Obviously it's not the free shipping.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 04:11 PM   #4
Sporadic
Banned
Sporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with others

Device: Kindle 1
Nice, I wish I could hurry up and sell some of my stuff (Xbox 360/Vista/etc) so I can place an order for one.
Sporadic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 04:14 PM   #5
Lilly
Guru
Lilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it is

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Congratulations. Which shipping option did you choose? Obviously it's not the free shipping.
Standard for $6.95, I should have it by Wednesday since it's being mailed from Kentucky and I'm in Atlanta. The Kindle 1 was also mailed to me on Sunday and I got it 1:35pm on Wednesday, but I chose free shipping for the Kindle 1, so you never know!
Advert
Old 02-22-2009, 04:18 PM   #6
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
I didn't realize Amazon would ship USPS.
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 04:22 PM   #7
Lilly
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ervserver View Post
I didn't realize Amazon would ship USPS.
I hate when they do that. USPS Tracking is archaic; they never update or tell you expected delivery date. The reason I change from free shipping and paid the minimum for standard shipping was to avoid USPS; I had it sent to the CNN Center where I work and last time, the mail room lost my kindle 1. Things are just easier to find at the CNN Center when they are shipped UPS & FedEx!
Old 02-22-2009, 04:26 PM   #8
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
I hate when they do that. USPS Tracking is archaic; they never update or tell you expected delivery date. ...
That's because USPS 'tracking' isn't tracking. It's just to confirm the package was delivered.

I can't wait to get mine. It's supposed to be here the 25th (paid the $3.99 Prime upgrade to overnight it).
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 04:26 PM   #9
AbFabGab
Gadget-Luster
AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
I can't wait to hear your thoughts on it when it arrives!
How exciting!! : )
AbFabGab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 04:28 PM   #10
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Oh joy, joy! O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 06:01 PM   #11
joobies
Addict
joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle 1, Sony PRS-505
Add my voice to the collective cheer, to all who about to get a Kindle 2. Enjoy!
joobies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 07:49 PM   #12
peggynek
Enthusiast
peggynek began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Hi guys,
my Kindle 2 has been also shipped. I chose Free Super Saver Shipping. I am not willing to pay more than necessary. The package is shipped via USPS, but I know the logic of the tracking number. It is FedEx SpartPost. This service means, that the package is carried via FedEx to the destination city, where it is given to some USPS post office, which makes the final delivery.
So if your tracking number is starting with 91 and it has 22 numbers, go directly to www.fedex.com and track the package there. :-)
It is much more convenient than USPS tracking.
My is scheduled to arrive on March 3rd, but I am quite possitive it will be sooner.

Good luck guys.

By the way, I know this mail service from Abercrombie and Fitch. They use the same.
peggynek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 09:32 PM   #13
NormHart
Semper Carpe Bufo
NormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmos

Device: Kindle2 & Kindle3
Cool, that worked very well!

peggynek
NormHart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 12:07 AM   #14
Red Stapler
Curmudgeon
Red Stapler began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis
I just logged into my Amazon account, thinking about upgrading from Standard to 2 Day Air, and lo and behold, mine's shipped as well. Ordered it with the optional case, showing an arrival date of March 2nd. I'm hoping it doesn't take that long, and using the above hint that it's really going via FedEx to the Post Office, I've signed up for updates. The FedEx part of the trip should go smoothly, but my local mail service is spotty, I had a book I ordered languish in a package locker for 3 days when the mail person forgot to notify their manager that the key to the locker wasn't working, and just left the key on their desk. At least with the FedEx tracking number, I'll know when it should be there.
Red Stapler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 12:38 AM   #15
branchero
Love reading, hate books
branchero began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Ugh, I wasn't aware that Super Saver was SmartPost.

SmartPost is the slowest, most unreliable shipping method available, and it's about as fast as strapping your package to a guinea pig and putting the pig outside and screaming "go deliver!!!"

If you've ever purchased anything off of woot.com, they frequently use SmartPost and that shipping method has become a running joke on that site's forums. Woot even uses an icon with a package strapped to a snail to denote a product that will be shipped SmartPost. The last thing I ordered with SmartPost shipping took 21 days to make it from Dallas to Sacramento, at one point going the wrong direction and ending up in Arkansas.

I'm not really sure Amazon uses SmartPost though... Amazon super saver is slow but it's not THAT slow.
branchero is offline   Reply With Quote