Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 02-16-2009, 01:48 PM   #1
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Books 1 and 3 released, but NOT 2!!! I hates this, I does!

Yep.

I loathe it when the publishers release ebook versions in the order 1, 3... And can't seem to get it together to release 2! This has just happened with Annette Blair's "Triplet Witch" series *and* with Taylor Anderson's "Destroyermen" series!

I could almost understand this if both of these series were older and had not been in print for a while, but both series are new, New, NEW!

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 01:58 PM   #2
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
I know, Derek. They've done this to me with the new Conant-Park series. Books 2 and 3 and available..but not ONE. Makes no sense. These are new, too.

What I don't understand is why on older series, they release only the last five or so to ebook and not the other ones. I don't know if it's a publisher thing or what, but if they got permission for those, why not the rest?

I'm going to have to look up the Triplet Witch series though, those sound interesting.
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-16-2009, 02:53 PM   #3
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
I just hate it when they do that. These two series are from Penguin which seems to do strange things like this more often than any other publishing house.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 02:56 PM   #4
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
They do this will most series of books, and I hates it TOO!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 03:05 PM   #5
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by phenomshel View Post
What I don't understand is why on older series, they release only the last five or so to ebook and not the other ones. I don't know if it's a publisher thing or what, but if they got permission for those, why not the rest?
A lot of times they don't appear to want to go back & do just an ebook release. A lot of the older stuff seems to be getting an ebook release when the pbook comes up for a new printing. Sometimes too they don't have rights electronic rights for the older titles & it requires them to obtain those rights. I don't know how complicated that is.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-16-2009, 03:23 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The Kinsey Millhone series from Sue Grafton is 21 books. Yet, the last 5 are all that are available in eBook form.

My guess is that with older series, they publisher think you've probably already read the older books and would be starting with the nerish ones as eBooks. But, the issue is that if I didn't read any of them, and wanted to own them all, I'd have a combination pBook and eBook. This is unacceptable. Either release the entire series as eBooks or don't release them at all.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 04:00 PM   #7
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
And just try to find several of the Carla Neggers series in complete order!

Yep. I loathe the publishers for doing this!

I can understand it when they're re-releasing much older series and they're working backwards - but then, some publishers work backwards but SKIP books as they go! AAAAAaaaarrrrgggg!!!!

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 06:21 PM   #8
Over
Wizard
Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2", OnePlus 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Either release the entire series as eBooks or don't release them at all.
I don't agree with that. Releasing some is better than nothing.

And publishing the latest volumes has it's logic... Many people interested in those books have already read the former ones in pBook form, so they won't buy them again in eBook form.

I would like to read Michael Jecks' books, but only the first 3 were released. I've already read the first 5 in pBook form, so I won't buy those 3. I'm just afraid that there might be too many readers like me and the publishers ceases to convert the remaining books to ebooks, due to lack of sales of those 3 volumes!

Last edited by Over; 02-16-2009 at 06:26 PM.
Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 06:22 PM   #9
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
I want to read Brandon Sanderson's new series, but only book 3 is available on Sony (and they're too expensive on fictionwise)
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 06:35 PM   #10
Over
Wizard
Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
I want to read Brandon Sanderson's new series, but only book 3 is available on Sony (and they're too expensive on fictionwise)
That's another annoying thing: ebooks with the same price of hardbacks.
Old 02-16-2009, 06:42 PM   #11
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Over View Post
That's another annoying thing: ebooks with the same price of hardbacks.
I don't mind if they're hardback price...if they're still out in hardcover.
Old 02-16-2009, 06:44 PM   #12
Over
Wizard

So, for you, "hardcover" means "extra-price-for-being-new-so-people-who-really-want-the-book-as-soon-as-possible-will-pay-extra-for-it"? And agree with that?
Old 02-16-2009, 07:07 PM   #13
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
So, for you, "hardcover" means "extra-price-for-being-new-so-people-who-really-want-the-book-as-soon-as-possible-will-pay-extra-for-it"? And agree with that?
Well, I could say yes, but I don't buy books that are hardcover priced, so I guess I don't

I'll pay $11-13 for a single ebook at the most, if that clarifies it for you.
Old 02-16-2009, 07:13 PM   #14
Over
Wizard

ah... hardbacks usually cost around 22-24$. :P
Old 02-16-2009, 07:40 PM   #15
mjh215
Guru
mjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: None of your business
Quote:
ah... hardbacks usually cost around 22-24$. :P
Lilac has similar buying habits to me... I usually get hardbacks by the box or so for a few bucks... I think that can make one forget what the costs are these days... I was in for a shock last year when I took my son to the bookstore and bought him a couple paperbacks... For the same price as I'd average on 25-50 hardbacks at the markets and auctions...

-MJ
mjh215 is offline   Reply With Quote