Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Fictionwise eBookwise

Notices

Old 03-26-2008, 08:21 PM   #1
Jadon
Hermit
Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Kobo Glo
Data Abort Fault

Has anyone ever gotten a Data Abort Fault error? I got it last night when I turned my 1150 on. It's a blank screen with a drop down with the words, and a bunch of memory location numbers. It went away when I reset the unit, but I'm wondering if it's a sign that reader is going to die soon. I got my ETI-2 a bit over two years ago, and for most of that time it's been okay, though not perfect. About two out of three times I hit the power button, the unit won't turn on, and I have to hit the reset button and try again, at which point it works. (I'm quite good at this now, and can quickly do it in total darkness, using a plastic covered paper clip I store in the memory slot compartment.) I can live with having to hit reset, but if the unit's likely to die, I should probably be looking for a replacement....
Jadon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 09:59 AM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadon View Post
Has anyone ever gotten a Data Abort Fault error? I got it last night when I turned my 1150 on. It's a blank screen with a drop down with the words, and a bunch of memory location numbers. It went away when I reset the unit, but I'm wondering if it's a sign that reader is going to die soon. I got my ETI-2 a bit over two years ago, and for most of that time it's been okay, though not perfect. About two out of three times I hit the power button, the unit won't turn on, and I have to hit the reset button and try again, at which point it works. (I'm quite good at this now, and can quickly do it in total darkness, using a plastic covered paper clip I store in the memory slot compartment.) I can live with having to hit reset, but if the unit's likely to die, I should probably be looking for a replacement....
Perhaps it is having problems reading the SM card. I would suggest removing the card and reading with the built in memory. If this solves the problem then you should try reformatting the SM card (Use the device to do this) and see if that fixes the problem or buy a new card.

Of course if the problem remains with internal memory then you may be right in that the device is flaky. You might try reflashing the ROM in that case or contact ETI for more options.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert