Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-19-2016, 06:45 PM   #976
Rickkins
Groupie
Rickkins began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite G000PP(5.10.0.2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@Rickkins: On current versions, per-book settings are stored automatically (in the same sidecar folder as the native system).
Can I get it to save for all future books as well...??

Thanks.
Rickkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 06:58 PM   #977
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickkins View Post
Well, ok sure I can do that, although I was, in fact, posting in the right forum.

Indeed I've received help from you right here on several previous occasions.
The forum dedicated to KOreader is still a fairly recent addition, there are actually people who haven't noticed it yet.

And any context at all helps a lot, it usually saves a couple of post/reply cycles.
So having info in the info box helps.
Thanks for that update.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-19-2016, 07:12 PM   #978
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@Rickkins: Err, what? I'm afraid I don't follow... Per-book settings are automatically stored, period. We haven't yet been able to psychically devise which books you'll read next and which settings you'll use to do so, so I'm not sure I get what you're trying to ask... .

If you meant does KOReader keep track of a user-configured set of *defaults*, then, yeah, it does. Check the wiki on GH for details, but basically, a long-press on most of the settings will store that as a global default.

----

And yeah, the Device info might sound inconsequential, but it really helps.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 07:28 PM   #979
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
- - - - -
And for those of you who don't use KindleTool on the Amazon package releases - -
There are at least 6 models missing from that chart that no one has reported on (yet).
Old 05-19-2016, 07:30 PM   #980
Rickkins
Groupie

Quote:
If you meant does KOReader keep track of a user-configured set of *defaults*, then, yeah, it does. Check the wiki on GH for details, but basically, a long-press on most of the settings will store that as a global default.
[/url].
Cool, did not know about the long hold, was exactly what I was looking for....

Thanks.
Advert
Old 05-19-2016, 07:41 PM   #981
Rickkins
Groupie

Quote:
<---Better..??
Old 06-25-2016, 05:17 AM   #982
kleinjar
Connoisseur
kleinjar can read faster than his screen refresheskleinjar can read faster than his screen refresheskleinjar can read faster than his screen refresheskleinjar can read faster than his screen refresheskleinjar can read faster than his screen refresheskleinjar can read faster than his screen refresheskleinjar can read faster than his screen refresheskleinjar can read faster than his screen refresheskleinjar can read faster than his screen refresheskleinjar can read faster than his screen refresheskleinjar can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: none
In the "export highlights to evernote" section of koreader, there is an option to "export to local html files". I tried this and it seemed to work but, where do i find these html files?
kleinjar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 06:01 AM   #983
Staphoent
Connoisseur
Staphoent began at the beginning.

Device: PW3, PW2
I tried to install KOreader (lastest version) and KPVreader (lastest version) on my PW2 5.6.5 with kual following the instructions for both apps on the wiki and nothing apepars either on the homepage or on the kual menu. Does anybody know why this is?
Staphoent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 07:39 AM   #984
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staphoent View Post
I tried to install KOreader (lastest version) and KPVreader (lastest version) on my PW2 5.6.5 with kual following the instructions for both apps on the wiki and nothing apepars either on the homepage or on the kual menu. Does anybody know why this is?
Because you do not have the device set to show all local documents perhaps?
I am guessing, I don't use the applications myself.

Latest version from where?
NiLuJe's snapshots?
Old 06-25-2016, 08:24 AM   #985
Staphoent
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Because you do not have the device set to show all local documents perhaps?
I am guessing, I don't use the applications myself.

Latest version from where?
NiLuJe's snapshots?
latest versions from here: https://github.com/koreader/koreader/wiki/Download
Old 06-25-2016, 08:49 AM   #986
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Simply unpack the (zip|tarball) archive at the USB root of your device.

(cf. https://github.com/koreader/koreader...Kindle-devices)
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 07:10 AM   #987
Staphoent
Connoisseur

Quote:
Simply unpack the (zip|tarball) archive at the USB root of your device.

(cf. https://github.com/koreader/koreader...Kindle-devices)
For some reason this doesnt work for me, nothing appears in the kual menu when i do that
Old 06-28-2016, 07:59 AM   #988
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
For some reason this doesnt work for me, nothing appears in the kual menu when i do that
What appears in the USB storage visible over the USB cable to your PC?

What PC? What OS? What un-zip tool?

Any other details specific to your use of these things. . . .
Keep in mind that what works for everyone else and does not work for you indicates something local to your own use (hardware, software, procedure, something "you" specific).

Last edited by knc1; 06-28-2016 at 08:02 AM.
Old 06-28-2016, 08:06 AM   #989
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Which tarball? The link NiLuJe provided has a stable build, nightly builds, and source code (all tarballs). The stable build is most tested, and therefore recommended.

And some windows-based "zip extractors" are known to cause problems in some cases when extracting linux tarballs. Try again using a different tarball extractor (preferable "tar -zxvf koreader-2015.11-stable.tar.gz"), though I have had success with 7-zip in many (but not all) cases.

Last edited by geekmaster; 06-28-2016 at 10:36 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 08:14 AM   #990
Staphoent
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
What appears in the USB storage visible over the USB cable to your PC?

What PC? What OS? What un-zip tool?

Any other details specific to your use of these things. . . .
Keep in mind that what works for everyone else and does not work for you indicates something local to your own use (hardware, software, procedure, something "you" specific).
Ok Im using Mac el capitan 10.11.5 and the built in extractor

I have tried both the latest stable and nightly build on both my kindle pw2 and pw3 through kual and attempted to install KPV with none of these combination causing koreader to show in kual.

The following folders appear which i access my kindle over usb: developer, documents extensions folders ............... etc

Tags
application, k5 tools, kindle, koreader, launcher add-ons, lua, reader, touch