Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 01-31-2012, 12:19 PM   #1
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Docking station

Is anyone excited about this docking station? I am strongly considering ordering one when they are available.

Reader Dock

It would be nice if I didn't have to remove my Trident Aegis hard shell to put it in the docking station, not sure if it will squeeze in or not.

I will probably get one.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 01:36 PM   #2
thecdn
thecdn began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color, Nexus 7
Looks neat but $55?!?! That's about twice as much as I'd want to pay. I might be interested in a stand alone charger but don't think I'd actually use it in the stand - the hands on portability is what I like.

I too have the Trident Aegis and knowing how much it adds to the size of the NC I doubt it would fit with it on. Otherwise it would be pretty loose without it.
thecdn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-31-2012, 03:19 PM   #3
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I think the price is reasonable...but no word if there is a shipping charge tacked onto that. I am fond of free shipping. Its not just a stand charger, its got speakers, would be a nice thing for watching movies or streaming Pandora radio.
Old 02-01-2012, 12:20 AM   #4
rxmom03
Addict
rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pixel 8, iPad Air, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Clara 2E
I love it! I have been looking for some type of speakers for my NC. With using this, I can watch Netflix while I am in my kitchen.

Mary
rxmom03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 10:19 PM   #5
Red Alert
Zealot
Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NookColor & Nook Tablet. Sony PRS-505 loaned to brother.
The thing that would concern me is the USB connection. Just attaching the cord is a problem at times when you can maneuver both the plug and the NC to make the connection. Now you plan to just "drop" it into the stand? Well I hope the connection stands up to the job and doesn't get damaged.
Red Alert is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-10-2012, 09:08 PM   #6
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

Hmmm I just noticed that it uses "your existing charging cord." I had thought it would not need to use the B&N cord. It looks like you plug the Nook cord into the back of the base of the station. That seems odd to me. Now I am going to hold off and wait to hear reviews from people who get them.
Old 02-11-2012, 06:34 PM   #7
taustin
Wizard
taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
Hmmm I just noticed that it uses "your existing charging cord." I had thought it would not need to use the B&N cord. It looks like you plug the Nook cord into the back of the base of the station. That seems odd to me. Now I am going to hold off and wait to hear reviews from people who get them.
That's because it's not a standard USB cord. The plug that goes in is a little bit longer so that it can provide more power than the USB spec allows for, which means faster charge time. It's actually a good thing, if it's going to charge the reader.
taustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 08:17 PM   #8
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
For $55~60, a NC/T cable/charger should be included.

A dock needs to be somewhat permanent. Having to remove the cable/charger for use in another room or while traveling is unacceptable. Getting a spare cable/charger ($25) for practical use makes the dock even more expensive: more like $80~85. Way too much.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 04:26 PM   #9
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

I thought it would be something that would help extend the life of the original cord. Oh well. Guess we don't need it anyway. With the Trident Aegis rubbery shell that its in, its easy to prop up.
Old 02-25-2012, 08:23 PM   #10
Red Alert
Zealot
Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NookColor & Nook Tablet. Sony PRS-505 loaned to brother.
I suspect the docking station is nothing more than a "stand-up" USB port that enables you to leave it sitting on the desk and just dropping in the Nook. I had a similar device for my old Motorola Satellite cell phone. It worked great. I just think the USB/power connection on the Nooks are a bit too fiddly for a dock. I could be wrong.
Red Alert is offline   Reply With Quote