Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-29-2010, 08:35 PM   #1
Grimm
DRM killer
Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ASUS Transformer Prime (Sold: Nook, Kindle 3, Nook Color, Nook STR)
Question Removing image from SD card

Are there instructions to do this after you've rooted so you can reclaim more than the 40 MB a quick format recovers?
Grimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 08:45 PM   #2
RoboRay
Zealot
RoboRay has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RoboRay has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RoboRay has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: NookColor (CM7); OLPC XO (Ubuntu 8.10); HTC Thunderbolt (CM7)
Just format the card in your NC. That should fix the partition table to restore the full capacity.
RoboRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-29-2010, 08:45 PM   #3
lionel47
Addict
lionel47 doesn't litterlionel47 doesn't litter

Device: B&N Nook, Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboRay View Post
Just format the card in your NC. That should fix the partition table to restore the full capacity.
Yep...worked for me.
lionel47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 08:48 PM   #4
Grimm
DRM killer
Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ASUS Transformer Prime (Sold: Nook, Kindle 3, Nook Color, Nook STR)
Low level format on laptop worked. Thanks though!
Grimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 03:57 PM   #5
The Joker
Addict
The Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-books

Device: NookColor.........rooted
I didn't remove the partition from my card that I used to root.....so I only have 40mb of space....it's a 1GB card....It's currently in my NC, and has overdrive stuff loaded, among other things that appear to be NC related....

I might be able to figure out how to remove the partition....the problem is the card already has my Overdrive stuff on it (and the library download without the USB is working)
How can I get the overdrive stuff off the card (and other files that apper to be NC related) and onto my NC, so I can fix the card.....Ideally I don't want to have to set up the overdrive thing again, since I finally got it working....

I'm thinking of buying a larger uSD card specific for the nook to install....and put my 1GB card back in my phone for my music files.

1) Will I have to (Can I) move the files on the card somewhere (if so how, where and specifically which files)? withoug losing functionality on my NC
2) Can I just move the overdrive files to my NC harddrive, without losing functionallity?
3) After moving the overdrive files, and installing my new card, could I just move the overdrive files onto the new card without losing functionality?

I'm sure I have more questions on the topic.....not to mention questions about backing up all the apps and files I currently have on my NC....

Last edited by The Joker; 12-30-2010 at 04:00 PM.
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-30-2010, 04:00 PM   #6
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
I didn't remove the partition from my card that I used to root.....so I only have 40mb of space....it's a 1GB card....It's currently in my NC, and has overdrive stuff loaded, among other things that appear to be NC related....

I might be able to figure out how to remove the partition....the problem is the card already has my Overdrive stuff on it (and the library download without the USB is working)
How can I get the overdrive stuff off the card and onto my NC, so I can fix the card.....Ideally I don't want to have to set up the overdrive thing again, since I finally got it working....

I'm thinking of buying a larger uSD card specific for the nook to install....and put my 1GB card back in my phone for my music files.

1) Will I have to (Can I) move the files on the card somewhere (if so how, where and specifically which files)? withoug losing functionality on my NC
2) Can I just move the overdrive files to my NC harddrive, without losing functionallity?
3) After moving the overdrive files, and installing my new card, could I just move the overdrive files onto the new card without losing functionality?

I'm sure I have more questions on the topic.....not to mention questions about backing up all the apps and files I currently have on my NC....
Can you see the content of the card (folders, files) using a computer?
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 04:02 PM   #7
The Joker
Addict
The Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-books

I don't know I need to connect...I see them while using Astro....

Let me plug in...

ETA....
Yes I see the files (Not sure if they are all the same as I see while using Astro though)

Last edited by The Joker; 12-30-2010 at 04:05 PM.
Old 12-30-2010, 04:11 PM   #8
Noah98
Eccentric
Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The nook, ipad 3, Kindle Fire HD (8.9), Kindle Paperwhite
I recommend using this free program to format your sd cards. It works great and actually makes fixes common errors. I used it right after I rooted and it worked perfectly.

http://panasonic.jp/support/global/c...oad/index.html
Noah98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 04:11 PM   #9
The Joker
Addict

So I see the files, If I just copy all the them to my computer somewhere, reformat the usd in my NC, (to eliminate the partition) can I just copy the files (all the them) back onto either the same card or my new card, and will everything work?
Old 12-30-2010, 04:20 PM   #10
KryptoNyte
Shepherd
KryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enough

Device: Nook Color, LG Optimus V
I will also recommend just formatting the SD card in the Nook Color itself, it makes life simple.

TJ, I don't know exactly what Overdrive installs on the SDcard, but if you do choose to copy all the info back to your PC, it may be worth making sure that your PC is showing hidden files in directory structure. I've noticed some other apps like to store hidden items, such as thumbnail structure files and such ...
KryptoNyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 04:24 PM   #11
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KryptoNyte View Post
TJ, I don't know exactly what Overdrive installs on the SDcard, but if you do choose to copy all the info back to your PC, it may be worth making sure that your PC is showing hidden files in directory structure. I've noticed some other apps like to store hidden items, such as thumbnail structure files and such ...
Old 12-30-2010, 04:27 PM   #12
The Joker
Addict

Can I just move the files to a folder in the NC? and my overdrive will continue working, or does it require the information to be on a card?

Looks like even some kindle books are on the card....

Last edited by The Joker; 12-30-2010 at 04:29 PM.
Old 12-30-2010, 04:29 PM   #13
SCION
Séduisant

If you move it, how will it know where to find it?
Old 12-30-2010, 04:33 PM   #14
KryptoNyte
Shepherd
KryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enough

Device: Nook Color, LG Optimus V
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
If you move it, how will it know where to find it?
Yeah, that would certainly be a problem. A cheap SD card can be had for less than 20 bucks locally I would imagine. If the data integrity of your Overdrive stuff is worth more than 20 bucks to you, just go grab another small cap. micro-SD card and test the moving of Overdrive data prior to reformatting.
KryptoNyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 04:33 PM   #15
The Joker
Addict

yeah....I guess it would be more trouble to figure out how to re-associate the files to the correct directory.....

Guess I'll just try the copy to my computer, reformat card, and then re-install the files back on the card.....

Hope it works.....I figured out wireless download of books from library using OMC once....I guess I could do it again if needed....