Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 12-10-2009, 09:10 AM   #16
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbbyNormal View Post
Looks good, prolly be a bit roomy?

I wonder if I could DIY one...
good luck finding the cork fabric......it's a bit scarce and I am not even sure it can be had retail. No matter, it's super nice stuff. And I disagree about the size being a big deal. With my Kindle I just clip it on the outside, or inside, of whatever bag I am carrying and forget about it. When I clip it on the outside it's because I might have over filled the bag I am using or, I just want quick access. Heck i have also just clipped it to a belt loop.

I mean for $20 is it worth the effort to make your own? You could email Darcy and suggest something. But if Yar can get a nice arrangement with them, then I would buy from PB here in the US because it supports two of my fav companies! Both down to earth and in touch with their customers needs...
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 01:52 AM   #17
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic
Yar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: PocketBooks and Onyxes and anything E-Ink...
Rob, could you please email (info@pocketbookreader.com) or pm me the contacts of this company producing these nice cork pouches.
Yar-PocketBooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 10:01 AM   #18
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
The first batch of 360s ("the-ebook.org edition") included a leather pouch.

igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 10:37 AM   #19
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by igorsk View Post
I have one of those. They're sold on the german PocketBook site. Nice sturdy solid pouches, elegant, too!

Last edited by mtravellerh; 12-11-2009 at 01:25 PM.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 11:25 AM   #20
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
A nice feature is that if you pull the flap (it's magnetic btw), the PocketBook automatically slides out. No need to try pulling it out with your fingers, which can be tricky with the tight fit it has.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 03:44 PM   #21
AbbyNormal
Geek
AbbyNormal began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 360, Pocket Edge, Kobo Touch
Quote:
A nice feature is that if you pull the flap (it's magnetic btw), the PocketBook automatically slides out. No need to try pulling it out with your fingers, which can be tricky with the tight fit it has.
Ooo, that's nice. Why don't they sell them in the US?
AbbyNormal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 05:33 PM   #22
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yar-PocketBooker View Post
Rob, could you please email (info@pocketbookreader.com) or pm me the contacts of this company producing these nice cork pouches.
Done yar....good luck!!
Old 12-11-2009, 05:37 PM   #23
brecklundin
Banned

Quote:
did the reader have the integrated cover at the time? it's not obvious from those images.

Pretty nice covers, not the sort of thing I prefer, but still really nice. It would be nice if they can have several covers/pouches/sleeves to choose from if you would like extra protection of an alternative way to carry the reader.
Old 12-12-2009, 12:30 AM   #24
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic
Yar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animals

Quote:
Ooo, that's nice. Why don't they sell them in the US?
Mea culpa. I'll have them brought over here when "The Guys From Kiev" see me at CES-2010 this January. So, after I return from it in mid-Jan, they will be available for sale.
Old 12-12-2009, 01:25 AM   #25
brecklundin
Banned

Quote:
Mea culpa. I'll have them brought over here when "The Guys From Kiev" see me at CES-2010 this January. So, after I return from it in mid-Jan, they will be available for sale.
Why does that sound like a very BAD tacky 70s era sitcom? hahahaha....then again apparently you never know what those "Wacky Guys in Kiev" are gonna do next!

Last edited by brecklundin; 12-12-2009 at 01:31 AM.
Old 12-12-2009, 10:10 AM   #26
AbbyNormal
Geek
AbbyNormal began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 360, Pocket Edge, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Nice! Thanks!!
AbbyNormal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 02:30 PM   #27
honkymcwhite
honkymcwhite began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook 360
Quote:
I was just wondering what the status/timeline on this may be. I'm ordering shortly (in about two weeks) and whould prefer getting everything at the same time. The pb360 looks GREAT and I can't wait to get my hands on one.
honkymcwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 11:50 PM   #28
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic

Quote:
How do we get him to see this? Is there some sort of HEY YOU LOOK AT THIS THREAD function in the forums?
I'm here)), and pouches are already here, I need to make/find nice photo of them to add to the website.
Old 01-26-2010, 12:45 AM   #29
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic

New pouches for PB 360 and elite leather covers for PB301 are already available for sale!

They are hm-hm... kinda sorta pricey... specially those hand-made covers for 301... but you definitely won't see identical cover anywhere else - they are really hand made.
PB360 pouches - 19.99 and PB 301 leather beauties - 59.99...the one with a butterfly also comes in green).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pouch_360_black.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	75.3 KB
ID:	44298   Click image for larger version

Name:	pouch_360_ivory.jpg
Views:	269
Size:	94.3 KB
ID:	44299   Click image for larger version

Name:	cover_301_prestige.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	142.8 KB
ID:	44300   Click image for larger version

Name:	cover_301_butterfly.jpg
Views:	272
Size:	298.3 KB
ID:	44301   Click image for larger version

Name:	cover_301_dragons_hunters.jpg
Views:	275
Size:	542.7 KB
ID:	44302  

Last edited by Yar-PocketBooker; 01-26-2010 at 12:48 AM.