Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-16-2009, 12:27 PM   #16
crsheilah
Connoisseur
crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Velocity Cruz T103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ea View Post
I delete them from the Reader - unless I need to refer to them, such as for a discussion - in that case I delete them later, rather than immediately.

I mainly use calibre to manage books for the Sony Reader. I can't really use it for the DR1000, and I don't need it to get books on Stanza on the Touch. My main ebook library is just folders on my HD (and backed up somewhere else) - I de-DRM everything as soon as I have bought and downloaded it, so I can do whatever I need with the files.
I use Calibre also (and made a donation to Kovid this week) and only have a small number of books on my Sony. I've found I can't put my DRM books on Calibre though, it bothers me that I have to keep them in Adobe. I'd like all my books in one place. Also, I do backup my Calibre files. Wish I knew how to de-DRM books I have bought!

Anyway, to get to the subject of this posting: after reading a book I keep it in Calibre and rate it (stars). If I see a book with a rating, I know I have read it. I will never not keep a copy of a book I have read!
crsheilah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 12:57 PM   #17
polly
Evangelist
polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 650, PocketBook 360, Astak PocketPro (RIP), Tungsten T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by crsheilah View Post
I use Calibre also (and made a donation to Kovid this week) and only have a small number of books on my Sony. I've found I can't put my DRM books on Calibre though, it bothers me that I have to keep them in Adobe. I'd like all my books in one place. Also, I do backup my Calibre files. Wish I knew how to de-DRM books I have bought!

Anyway, to get to the subject of this posting: after reading a book I keep it in Calibre and rate it (stars). If I see a book with a rating, I know I have read it. I will never not keep a copy of a book I have read!
There are some threads that might send you in the right direction on the de-DRMing. Try https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39423 and http://www.mobipocket.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16292 for ideas.
polly is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-17-2009, 03:52 AM   #18
columbus
Wizard
columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Prs 650, 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by artemisblossom View Post
this might sound like a really stupid question but how do you put them on a disk for storage? I don't have any problems moving around the free books I get but the ones I buy from the sony store go to the ebl and and I am not really sure how to move them anywhere else ........
I can't speak for Vista but on Win XP you will find your Sony ebooks in the folder /my documents/my books/ebook Library/. With obscure file names.

You can right click and drag them to wherever you want, (choose copy rather than move).
Or just drag the whole directory & copy where you want.

Quote:
and if I do move them to a cd and later want to read them again they will only work on that sony reader is that correct????
Or also on any other Sony reader / PC you have authorised within your Sony account, up to 6 I think.
columbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 11:20 AM   #19
artemisblossom
Groupie
artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony prs505
Thank You Columbus thats just what I needed to know
artemisblossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 12:36 PM   #20
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
When you're using the Sony Ebook Library Software, and you have a book open on the screen, you can click on the information "i" icon it'll show you the location (path) where the book is stored on your computer and the computer name of the file. The "i" icon is in the upper right hand corner of the reading pane in version 2.5 of the software...not sure if it's in the same location in 3.0 or not.

dordale
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-18-2009, 03:35 PM   #21
crsheilah
Connoisseur
crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Velocity Cruz T103
Quote:
Originally Posted by polly View Post
There are some threads that might send you in the right direction on the de-DRMing. Try https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39423 and http://www.mobipocket.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16292 for ideas.
Thanks, I'm going to ask my son to help me with this.
crsheilah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 04:17 PM   #22
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
You could always create a collection called "Read" and set it not to sync.

This is exactly what I do. I have several "Read" folders, one for each genre. And I don't synch any of them.
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote