Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-19-2012, 03:42 PM   #1
yvettecruz24
yvettecruz24 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
Unhappy Can't upload books since the calibre update?

I just recently bought my Kindle Fire and i had put a lot of books in my books section on my device but ever since the update my device won't show up on calibre and i cannot add anybooks to it. I restored it thinking it was my devce and even received a new one from amazon but its the same thing. When i use the connect to folder option it adds them to my deivce but i cannot see them? someone please help?
yvettecruz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 11:25 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I doubt very much it is a calibre update causing your problems, but feel free to downgrade to a previous calibre release. They are all available from: http://sourceforge.net/projects/calibre/files/
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-20-2012, 12:10 PM   #3
yvettecruz24
yvettecruz24 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
Red face Yes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
I doubt very much it is a calibre update causing your problems, but feel free to downgrade to a previous calibre release. They are all available from: http://sourceforge.net/projects/calibre/files/

You are completely right! I must have done somethig to my settings because it's putting the books in folders on my kindle and I took them out of the folders now it works. I love Calibre thanks do much for the program and I feel so stupid because amazon sent me a new kindle and it wasn't even the kindle >.< lol

Is there any way I can set it to not put them in folders? Because when it sends them to my device i have to go in manually remove them. I didn't have to do that before I think I did something to my settings
yvettecruz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 12:57 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
As far as I know, Kindles support books in sub directories just fine. But if you want to change that right click on the kindle icon in calibre when it is connected and select configure this device. then change the save template to

{title} - {authors}

Click OK and then restart calibre.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 06:33 AM   #5
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
As far as I know, Kindles support books in sub directories just fine. But if you want to change that right click on the kindle icon in calibre when it is connected and select configure this device. then change the save template to

{title} - {authors}

Click OK and then restart calibre.
Yes, it does supoort them just fine (as in: it finds the books just fine). One issue is, though, that if you later remove the books from the Kindle by deleting them on the Kindle itself (so not using Calibre) the Kindle will not delete the subdirectory, just the files. So you end up with lots of empty subdirs.

So I removed the subdir in the save template, just like you said.
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
calibre, device, fire, kindle, sync