Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2012, 08:29 PM   #151
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
FYI, v1.5.7 has been released.
Old 03-02-2012, 05:07 AM   #152
jeaterod
Member Retired
jeaterod began at the beginning.

Device: iphone-stanza
is there a way for me to tweek the plugin so that when it get the chapter number the numbers 1-9 become 01-09?
Advert
Old 03-02-2012, 01:10 PM   #153
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The plugin doesn't number the chapters. Any chapter numbers are coming from the source site. So, no, not really.
Old 03-02-2012, 02:48 PM   #154
ClairePMR
Groupie
ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Color, Kindle, EB1150, Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, Surface Pro 2017
Just wanted to say thanks again, Jim. This tool keeps getting better and better, and makes my obsession easier to support. Um... yeah.
Old 03-02-2012, 03:51 PM   #155
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Glad I could be an enabler for you, cklls!

Wait...

Advert
Old 03-02-2012, 06:37 PM   #156
jeaterod
Member Retired

so you cant tell the plugin to look at it and if the value is lower than 10 add 0 to the front?
Old 03-02-2012, 06:53 PM   #157
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

"Prologue"
"Chapter 1"
"Mission Briefing"
"Chapter One"
"Chapter I"
"Ch 2"
"3rd Chapter"
"7. Girl Talk"
"9. Chapter 9"
"‘Problems in Engineering'"

These are all chapter names from various stories on sites. It's a free form text value, not just a number. And it's not uncommon for file0001 to be 'Prologue' and file0002 'Chapter 1'. Or '2. Chapter 1', depending on the site.

I could give you an option like replace_metadata in personal.ini to modify chapter titles with a regular expression replacement, but you'd have to work out the expression to your own satisfaction.
Old 03-02-2012, 07:44 PM   #158
jeaterod
Member Retired

oh sorry i dont mean in the story it self i mean in the library colomns
Old 03-02-2012, 07:58 PM   #159
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Oh, you don't mean chapter numbers, you mean the number of chapters.

You want to use an integer custom column and then set the format to: {0:02d}
Old 03-02-2012, 08:03 PM   #160
jeaterod
Member Retired

ok ill try that

EDIT:
awesome thanks it worked great

Last edited by jeaterod; 03-02-2012 at 08:09 PM.
Old 03-04-2012, 09:33 PM   #161
animealam
animealam began at the beginning.

Device: iPad 2, Samsung Galaxy II, iMac
First of all, thanks for the plugin, it's awesome.

I read some of the info you have for adding a site, but frankly python is way over my head. I was going to ask for Adultfanfiction.net, but saw you won't add it sadly. It is completely adult oriented, hence the over abundance of warnings.

Anyway, could you maybe add HP Fandom.net?
It's an old eFiction based site (1.1 I think) and it's a large archive, actually one of the largest all Harry Potter out there.

Then there is Walking the Plank.

Hopefully you'd be able to add them.

Last edited by animealam; 03-04-2012 at 09:36 PM.
Old 03-04-2012, 09:43 PM   #162
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by animealam View Post
You're welcome.
Quote:
It's an old eFiction based site (1.1 I think) and it's a large archive, actually one of the largest all Harry Potter out there.

Then there is Walking the Plank, and The Silver Snitch II, both are eFiction sites.
First, I suggest including the URL when requesting sites.

Second, unless it's something that's personally interesting to me, I'm working on other things than new sites lately. But we do also have other developers who might be interested.
Old 03-04-2012, 11:57 PM   #163
iatheia
Zealot
iatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmos

Device: Kindle 3, Icarus Illumina XL, Boyue T62
Quote:

I read some of the info you have for adding a site, but frankly python is way over my head. I was going to ask for Adultfanfiction.net, but saw you won't add it sadly. It is completely adult oriented, hence the over abundance of warnings.

Then there is Walking the Plank.

Hopefully you'd be able to add them.
Eh, I may look at the first one probably next week. Not quite right now. (though, the warning on the front page is not particularly inspiring)
The second one is a bit on the small side, though.
Old 03-05-2012, 04:52 AM   #164
Zauberlehrling!
Zauberlehrling! began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle 3 Keyboard
Hi, just tried the plugin for the first time and have a question already.
Is there any chance to get http://ksarchive.com (Fanfiction Site for Kirk/Spock Stories) included into that plugin, please?
Old 03-05-2012, 07:00 PM   #165
jackr
Connoisseur
jackr has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Nook STR, Pocket eDGe
An idea crossed my mind for password locked stories. If the story is locked, the plugin goes to check a password section in personal.ini to see if it has a password there, and if so it tries to use the password. That way if there are a few locked stories that a reader is privy to, they can still access those stories without needing to wait for the password prompt for all the other locked stories that they aren't privy to.

Something like:
Quote:
[Password]
fimfiction.net/story/796/:*password
fimfiction.net/story/6884/Moonlight-Sonata:12345
And if there is a password listed, but it doesn't match, then maybe have so the error code reflects that.

Just a thought that cropped up when I was working on a story that I have locked. I was going to try out an image inside the story, but was too lazy to go remove the fail_on_password for it.
Closed Thread