Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-04-2010, 08:46 AM   #1
Maggie-Me
Zealot
Maggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with others

Device: Kindle PW,Sony 700, Sony 950 (Daily Edition),Nook Color,iPad
Lensmen Series E.E.Doc Smith

I have the entire series in PDF.I have tried to convert to ePub using Calibre, Of course it doesn come out very good. If I upload in EBooks is anyone interested in attempting to convert to EPub?

Last edited by Maggie-Me; 12-04-2010 at 10:35 AM.
Maggie-Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 09:01 AM   #2
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
This should go in the appropriate ebook forum, not in the Calibre forum. Also, bear in mind that if the series is still under copyright, you cannot share them.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-04-2010, 09:56 AM   #3
iandix
Addict
iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.

Device: nook touch a Nook 3g (rooted) and a nookcolor (rooted)
a few of the lensmen books can be found on project Gutenberg

http://www.gutenberg.org/browse/authors/s#a9515
iandix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 01:41 PM   #4
markack41
markack41 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggie-Me View Post
I have the entire series in PDF.I have tried to convert to ePub using Calibre, Of course it doesn come out very good. If I upload in EBooks is anyone interested in attempting to convert to EPub?
hi there i am quite interested in converting these books for kindle,if you can send them i will attempt and then post them on here.
thanks
mark
markack41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 01:51 PM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggie-Me View Post
Moderator Notice
If you were to do anything as stupid as to upload pirated books to MR you would be instantly banned. Don't do it.

Last edited by HarryT; 12-31-2010 at 02:06 PM.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-31-2010, 02:13 PM   #6
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by iandix View Post
a few of the lensmen books can be found on project Gutenberg

http://www.gutenberg.org/browse/authors/s#a9515
Welcome to the peculiarities of older US copyright law. The PG texts are from original magazine publications, which carried separate copyrights and often weren't renewed.

The actual book versions are still under copyright, and can't be legally uploaded.
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 02:16 PM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Yes, the magazine serialisations aren't the same as the subsequent novels; the novels were considerably expanded.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote