Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-31-2009, 02:29 PM   #16
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
My goal is to follow Tom's sig.

kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 02:33 PM   #17
Bob T
Enthusiast
Bob T began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-300
Lots of plans for 2010...

Finish putting the old Suzuki GS750E together and sell it...
Replace the transmission and rebuild the front forks on my '82 Suzuki GS1100E...
Sell the dragbike or race it again...
Bunch of stuff to sell on eBay...
Pay off the CTS early...
Learn Adobe Flash...
Get better with Adobe Dreamweaver...
Make some more movies/documentaries...
Read more...
Paint the garage...

And on, and on, and on....
Bob T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 02:35 PM   #18
Spoon Man
Groupie
Spoon Man could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Spoon Man could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Spoon Man could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Spoon Man could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Spoon Man could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Spoon Man could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Spoon Man could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Spoon Man could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Spoon Man could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Spoon Man could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Spoon Man could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kindle 1
2010 goals:
Get new Job
Use money from said job to buy a car
Go to Basic stupid navy recruiters
Spoon Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 12:22 AM   #19
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
My goal last year was not to make goals for myself - if I wanted to be disappointed in myself and my failings, I'd just call my mother. Unfortunately, I failed in this goal, and set goals, which I duly failed. This year my goal is to fail all goals that I set for myself throughout the year. I figure that way I'll either avoid disappointment by succeeding at my goal, or succeed at my goals and thus avoid disappointment. It's a (Lose+Win)/(Win+Win) situation!

Hell, I'd just be happy to last the year, or not lose anyone. Managing to print and frame a few of my own photos for myself would be nice though.

Cheers,
Marc

Last edited by montsnmags; 01-03-2010 at 12:24 AM.
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 06:07 AM   #20
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Goal 1: 3 novels per month (short novels) to be written. No more short stories.

Goal 2: To be nowhere near England again near or on Christmas and have to remember that my grandfather died on x-mas eve. So it's either Barbados or Lapland next year for me (preferably drunk wherever I am)

Goal 3: Meet a six-foot Japanese girl who wears glasses, Converse all-star shoes, likes the Ramones and is obsessed with the movies of John Carpenter (also, while I'm dreaming, I would like a pony too).

At least one of these goals is achievable.
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 06:26 AM   #21
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
Goal 1: 3 novels per month (short novels) to be written. ...
Please tell me you're kidding! I'm not sure if even Isaac Asimov during his most active periods wrote that much!

Quote:
... No more short stories. ...
If it's necessary to concentrate of larger forms, I understand, but your very enjoyable short stories will be missed. Please don't say never!

Quote:
Goal 3: Meet a six-foot Japanese girl who wears glasses, Converse all-star shoes, likes the Ramones and is obsessed with the movies of John Carpenter ...
If you had said a 5' 4" Japanese avant-garde artist, I would have been frightened!
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 06:33 AM   #22
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
Please tell me you're kidding! I'm not sure if even Isaac Asimov during his most active periods wrote that much!

If it's necessary to concentrate of larger forms, I understand, but your very enjoyable short stories will be missed. Please don't say never!

If you had said a 5' 4" Japanese avant-garde artist, I would have been frightened!
The novels are only short, about the length of The Postman Always Rings Twice or Double Indemnity They take about 4-5 days to write, whereas a short story can eat up a whole afternoon, so it works out easier in the end.

I had a horrible x-mas until I started writing 'The Bay' (inspired by a really depressing documentary about dolphin killing called the 'The Cove' which is a definite must see).

If you'd like to see what's coming up you can visit my site here http://fictionmonster.com/ (I wrote the Bay over X-mas and I finished Dead Girl's Dont' Cry yesterday, I'm now working on Teach and have the first half of The Chauffeur finished). Plus the Finch novels will be added to the list as well.

It's pure pulp and I'm knocking out around 10k a day on these without breaking a sweat (weird how the more fun you have the less effort it takes )

And that Japanese girl will be mine!!! (One day, maybe, when robots rule the Earth!)
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 10:59 PM   #23
saturnblackhole
saturnblackhole began at the beginning.

Device: sony ereader touch edition
my goals for the new year is to:
1) Stop procrastinating
2) Start planning ahead (i usually do things as they come never thinks about tomorrow)
3) Get a life (I'm somewhat of a loner)
saturnblackhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 08:06 AM   #24
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
I already reached my goal! Ohh, freedom for the rest of the year!
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 01:19 PM   #25
M T McGuire
Addict
M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
My goal this year is to not set myself any goals. I dislike failure.

That said, good luck to those of you who are optimistic enough to set goals and self disciplined enough to achieve them! Phnark.

Cheers

MTM

Last edited by M T McGuire; 01-04-2013 at 01:20 PM. Reason: Because it was gobble-dy-gook
M T McGuire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 02:03 AM   #26
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It's alive! (The thread, that is. I'm still quite dead.*

* {See the Home page for details of my untimely demise.}
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	It%27s_Alive.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	98798  

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 01-05-2013 at 02:12 AM.
Old 01-05-2013, 02:08 AM   #27
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

My two financial goals for 2023—to be paid for with money saved by not smoking—are to (1) buy a 5th generation iPad in March (if the rumors are true), and (2) to buy a zero-gravity chair for reading around Christmas.

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 01-05-2013 at 02:13 AM.
Old 01-05-2013, 06:45 AM   #28
red_phoenix
Grand Sorcerer
red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
My two financial goals for 2023—to be paid for with money saved by not smoking—are to (1) buy a 5th generation iPad in March (if the rumors are true), and (2) to buy a zero-gravity chair for reading around Christmas.
Those are admirable goals. How many days has it been now since you quit smoking?

*psst...I think you meant 2013?*
red_phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 07:22 AM   #29
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_phoenix View Post
*psst...I think you meant 2013?*
I was so determined not to write "2012"!

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_phoenix View Post
How many days has it been now since you quit smoking?
10 days, 17 hours, 25 minutes.

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 01-05-2013 at 07:25 AM.