Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 04-26-2022, 05:57 PM   #1
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Metadata download: No Amazon results even with mobi-asin present.

I have a book that I purchased on Amazon. The mobi-asin (mobi-asin:B06Y1DFYMZ) is present in the identifiers field, and yet the metadata download is failing to fetch anything from Amazon.

It's not a huge problem on its own, but a) most of the other metadata providers have the info an older paperback edition from the 1990s, and b) I want the amazon: identifier for books I've purchased from Amazon.

Any tricks for getting it to recognize the book is actually there?

Last edited by ownedbycats; 04-26-2022 at 06:03 PM.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2022, 06:17 PM   #2
Karellen
Wizard
Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
It works for me here. But I used amazon:B06Y1DFYMZ
When I used mobi-asin:B06Y1DFYMZ it failed
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	christmascolt.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	305.3 KB
ID:	193478  
Karellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-26-2022, 06:18 PM   #3
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I didn't realize that mobi-asin and amazon could be switched. That'll be good to remember. Thanks.
Old 04-26-2022, 06:21 PM   #4
Karellen
Wizard
Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That amazon / mobi-asin still confuses me
My library has a combination of amazon and mobi-asin. I want to fix it so there is a single identifier, but I don't know which one to use.

After this experiment, I am guessing "amazon" is the preferred identifier?
Old 04-26-2022, 06:25 PM   #5
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

I believe so; when trying to search my issue I found there used to be an asin: identifier was got superseded by amazon: a while back.

mobi-asin only appears on the books I've specifically purchased from Amazon.
Advert
Old 04-26-2022, 10:05 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
asins are country specific. There is no way to know what country a mobi-asin belongs to, so it is not used for download.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 02:16 AM   #7
Karellen
Wizard

Is there any way to bulk change the mobi-asin entries to amazon?

There does not seem to be a way in the context menu. Anybody know of any tricks to bulk rename them, while still preserving the Identifier value?
Old 04-27-2022, 03:35 AM   #8
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karellen View Post
Is there any way to bulk change the mobi-asin entries to amazon?

There does not seem to be a way in the context menu. Anybody know of any tricks to bulk rename them, while still preserving the Identifier value?
If 'mobi-asin' is a value in the type column in the identifiers table of the library database you could try changing them in there using one of the SQLite database tools such as SQLite DBBrowser, or SQL Studio.

But - before doing anything make sure you have a secure copy of the database and do it when calibre is NOT running. Probably best to try it on a test library database first.

Added: I have no idea if a 'mobi-asin' value is valid as an 'amazon' value.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 04-27-2022 at 03:41 AM. Reason: last line
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 03:35 AM   #9
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Use the search and replace tab of th ebulk metadata edit dialog.
Old 04-27-2022, 03:55 AM   #10
Karellen
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Use the search and replace tab of th ebulk metadata edit dialog.
I tried that, but it only acts on the value (B06Y1DFYMZ)

I want to change mobi-asin: to amazon: keeping the value intact.

find mobi-asin:B06Y1DFYMZ
replace amazon:B06Y1DFYMZ
Old 04-27-2022, 03:58 AM   #11
Karellen
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
If 'mobi-asin' is a value in the type column in the identifiers table of the library database you could try changing them in there using one of the SQLite database tools such as SQLite DBBrowser, or SQL Studio.
I'll fall back to that as a last resort.
How does that work with the metadata.opf file? I assume Calibre won't know the db has been changed, so the metadata.opf file won't be updated. And probably the metadata in the book won't either, unless I make other changes through Calibre for each affected book.
Old 04-27-2022, 04:47 AM   #12
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

If you want to use the mobi-asin for metadata search just configure the amazon plugin to do so under Preferences->Metadata download.