Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-23-2010, 06:37 PM   #1
StormRider
StormRider began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Recipes no longer works in 0.7.9 or 0.7.10

Hi. I'm running Vista SP2 and Sony PRS505. I recently updated my Calibre from 0.7.1 to 0.7.9 by uninstalling the 0.7.1, and install 0.7.9. Calibre picked up all the books in my library. However, I found non of the recipes work for me anymore.

I get an error saying "Error: Unhandled Exception" - "KeyError: keep_ligatures". I tried this on the Newsweek, AP, and a bunch of other recipes and all of them resulted in the same error message.

I then installed 0.7.10 on top of 0.7.9, and I'm still getting these errors. The errors show up regardless of whether my PRS505 reader is plugged in or not.

I really love using Calibre to get the newsfeeds into my reader, and if any one of you have experienced this problem and solved it, please let me know.

Thanks.

Here is the traceback:
----------
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\actions.py", line 1025, in download_scheduled_recipe
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\tools.py", line 224, in fetch_scheduled_recipe
KeyError: 'keep_ligatures'
----------
StormRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 11:21 PM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormRider View Post
Hi. I'm running Vista SP2 and Sony PRS505. I recently updated my Calibre from 0.7.1 to 0.7.9 by uninstalling the 0.7.1, and install 0.7.9. Calibre picked up all the books in my library. However, I found non of the recipes work for me anymore.
Just curious, have you rebooted your machine?

I have XP sp3 and do not suffer from this error. Hopefully someone will drop by who can help.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-24-2010, 12:43 AM   #3
StormRider
StormRider began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
Just curious, have you rebooted your machine?

I have XP sp3 and do not suffer from this error. Hopefully someone will drop by who can help.
Thanks for the response.

Yes, I've rebooted multiple times between the installations but didn't help. I suspect it was some older files that didn't get written over in the uninstall of the earlier 0.7.1 version that's causing the problem, but couldn't figure out which files.
StormRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 01:07 AM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormRider View Post
Thanks for the response.

Yes, I've rebooted multiple times between the installations but didn't help. I suspect it was some older files that didn't get written over in the uninstall of the earlier 0.7.1 version that's causing the problem, but couldn't figure out which files.
You could go to the look and feel page under preferences - conversion and uncheck "keep ligatures" and try again.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
exception, keep_ligature, recipe