Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2010, 05:31 PM   #1
cmbs
non-believer
cmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enough

Device: Cybook Gen 3, JetBook Lite
Get a free leather case (OFFER EXPIRED)

I got an email today from ectaco saying if I write a positive review on newegg.com about the jetbook lite, they'll send me a free leather case for my jbl.

Makes me doubt every single review on newegg.com.
Old 03-15-2010, 06:25 PM   #2
uRwhatUr
Groupie
uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.

Device: Aluratek Libre
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmbs View Post
I got an email today from ectaco saying if I write a positive review on newegg.com about the jetbook lite, they'll send me a free leather case for my jbl.

Makes me doubt every single review on newegg.com.
How are they going to verify that you actually wrote the review? Don't you think Newegg would want to know about this?
Advert
Old 03-15-2010, 06:52 PM   #3
Linda!
Enthusiast
Linda! has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Jetbook Lite
I would love to get a leather case for my JBL, a case made with fine Corinthian leather no doubt. I didnt know that there were cases for the JBL. I like my JBL a lot and would be happy to write a positive review but didnt receive any emails about it. What did your email say specifically?
Old 03-15-2010, 06:59 PM   #4
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
I've heard about things like this. It's a bad thing. Ectaco should not be doing this.
Old 03-15-2010, 09:30 PM   #5
greenapple
Evangelist
greenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle DX, Kobo Aura HD
That doesn't sound good at all.
Advert
Old 03-15-2010, 11:40 PM   #6
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
I received the same offer from SVAT company when I purchased security camera some time ago:
http://www.svat.com/free-gift.php

... 1 year of FREE extended warranty protection for your SVAT security product if you take a moment to post a review!
www.samsclub.com
www.walmart.com
www.amazon.com
www.staples.com
www.overstock.com

As for me I already wrote a good review about jetBook-lite on newegg website but nobody offered me a leather case for it yet
Old 03-16-2010, 12:57 AM   #7
greenapple
Evangelist
greenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle DX, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris777 View Post
I received the same offer from SVAT company when I purchased security camera some time ago:
http://www.svat.com/free-gift.php

... 1 year of FREE extended warranty protection for your SVAT security product if you take a moment to post a review!
It's fine if they offer freebies for a review. But offering goodies for a positive review sounds like bribery to me.
Old 03-16-2010, 05:13 AM   #8
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
I was under the impression (from an email recently from Ectaco) that there are not accessories for the JBL.
Old 03-16-2010, 06:52 AM   #9
Andrasz
Andrasz began at the beginning.

Device: none yet
I am so very positive ECTACO didn't do this. I have a friend working there, so I checked. They don't have cases for JBL, neither do they make such a bad promotion for themselves. @cmbs: what's the email address you got it from?
Old 03-16-2010, 09:49 AM   #10
LuBiB
Banned
LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: jetBook, iPhone, JETBOOK COLOR!!
that really is kind of strange. i think i purchased at least 8 jetBooks and jetBook LITES already and they never offered anything like this to me

lol, i think its just spam, so nothing to get worried about. the reviews on newegg ARE a little dodgy though, i made a post about it a few months ago that all these negative reviews are very similar, one to the other.....

In any case, i LOVE my jetBooks and got the whole family them so no complaints here and i think Ectaco is doing a really good job in terms of bringing a great product at an affordable price to the market.
Old 03-16-2010, 10:19 AM   #11
LuBiB
Banned
LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: jetBook, iPhone, JETBOOK COLOR!!
i actually thought about this after i left my last post and came to the conclusion that i wouldn't mind writing a review for a case.

THINK ABOUT IT - you get a FREE case! jetbook fans already have positive posts on Mobileread here, so if we have an opportunity to re-post what we've already written to NewEgg i have no problem.

Plus a case for the jetBook LITE would be sweeeeeettttttttttt!!! lol
Old 03-16-2010, 10:27 AM   #12
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuBiB View Post
i actually thought about this after i left my last post and came to the conclusion that i wouldn't mind writing a review for a case.

THINK ABOUT IT - you get a FREE case! jetbook fans already have positive posts on Mobileread here, so if we have an opportunity to re-post what we've already written to NewEgg i have no problem.

Plus a case for the jetBook LITE would be sweeeeeettttttttttt!!! lol
Agree. It will be nice to get free case. I will check Ectaco website, maybe they have this offer on their pages.
Old 03-16-2010, 12:33 PM   #13
cmbs
non-believer
cmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enough

Device: Cybook Gen 3, JetBook Lite
Quote:
Monday, March 15, 2010 4:05 PM
From: "Ectaco - Boris" <BorisK@ectacoinc.com>Add sender to ContactsTo: -----

Dear Christine,

Thank you and congratulations on your recent jetBook-Lite purchase from Fictionwise.com!

We invite you to submit a review for the jetBook-Lite. Your input will help customers choose the best products like the jetBook LITE.

It's easy to submit a review--just click the write a review link on the jeBook-Lite product page below (center right side next to Review Summary):

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16858723010

If you don’t have the account with NewEgg.com you can Create a new account quickly and easily to submit your review.

Post a positive review, send us an e-mail as soon as it’s posted on NewEgg.com with your User Name and you’ll get a free gift – the brand new leather case for your jetBook-Lite from Ectaco.

Written reviews must include 4 or 5 stars rating as well as comments (25 words minimum).

Thank you!

Best Regards,

Boris Krol,
Product Manager,
ECTACO, Inc.
Tel. 718-728-4130
Fax 718-728-4023
mailto:borisk@ectacoinc.com
http://www.ectacoinc.com
Here is the letter, with the email address.
Old 03-16-2010, 12:52 PM   #14
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Seems pretty obvious they are buying your positive review. Then again, I take most reviews of devices with a grain of salt. You never know who actually posted the review. Many companies hire people to create a bunch of accounts and post positive reviews.

BOb
Old 03-16-2010, 01:12 PM   #15
Kris777
Banned

Thank you, cmbs! I just sent an e-mail to Ectaco and asked if they can send me the leather case for my jetBook-Lite because I posted my review several months ago. I hope to get their reply soon

This e-mail doesn't look like spam.. Do you know somebody who received the same e-mail?
Closed Thread