Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-24-2009, 12:53 AM   #1
magphil
Connoisseur
magphil , Klaatu Barada Niktu!magphil , Klaatu Barada Niktu!magphil , Klaatu Barada Niktu!magphil , Klaatu Barada Niktu!magphil , Klaatu Barada Niktu!magphil , Klaatu Barada Niktu!magphil , Klaatu Barada Niktu!magphil , Klaatu Barada Niktu!magphil , Klaatu Barada Niktu!magphil , Klaatu Barada Niktu!magphil , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Gen3, Kobo glow
Calibre 0.5.14 crashing systematically

Hi,

I am a new calibre user and have found this software fantastic so far.

I have 0.5.14 on XP

Unfortunately, after some serious import yesterday, calibre is now crashing any time I want to list the authors. Any other operation is fine.

When that happen yesterday, and because I have still all the original files, I removed the entire tree and re-imported everything --> same issue.

I would appreciate any help here.

Btw, my library has now 7726 books.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by magphil; 06-24-2009 at 12:58 AM. Reason: Change title
magphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 02:03 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
When you say list the authors, what exactl do you mean?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-24-2009, 03:33 AM   #3
magphil
Connoisseur
magphil , Klaatu Barada Niktu!magphil , Klaatu Barada Niktu!magphil , Klaatu Barada Niktu!magphil , Klaatu Barada Niktu!magphil , Klaatu Barada Niktu!magphil , Klaatu Barada Niktu!magphil , Klaatu Barada Niktu!magphil , Klaatu Barada Niktu!magphil , Klaatu Barada Niktu!magphil , Klaatu Barada Niktu!magphil , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

What I mean is it crashes when I click on the + sign next to Authors to unroll the authors list.

Could it be that it cannot handled 800 authors properly. Everything else works, and I can manually querry for an author.
Old 06-24-2009, 07:00 AM   #4
magphil
Connoisseur

I have upgrade to 0.6b8, and it no longer crashes. So I guess there must be a bug fixed in new release.

Tags
calibre, crash