Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 01-22-2013, 10:58 AM   #1
grahamdeepwell
grahamdeepwell began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HD
Kindle Fire HD - Which download of Calibre, please?

I've tried them all directly to the Kindle. When I click on the exe. file, it vanishes and nothing happens.

Any thoughts welcome.
grahamdeepwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:12 AM   #2
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by grahamdeepwell View Post
I've tried them all directly to the Kindle. When I click on the exe. file, it vanishes and nothing happens.

Any thoughts welcome.
Errr...are you trying to install Calibre on the Kindle itself? That's not going to work. You install it on your desktop and connect your Kindle to that using USB or WiFi.
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-22-2013, 11:54 AM   #3
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Please post your questions in the correct forum.

Your thread has been moved to the Kindle Fire subforum.

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:56 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
You seem to have some serious misunderstandings about Calibre. You run it on your PC, not on the portable device. It transfers files to the portable device.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:34 PM   #5
grahamdeepwell
grahamdeepwell began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HD
Thanks all

I hang my head in shame.
grahamdeepwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert