Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-09-2012, 08:34 AM   #46
fedcod
fedcod is a glorious beacon of lightfedcod is a glorious beacon of lightfedcod is a glorious beacon of lightfedcod is a glorious beacon of lightfedcod is a glorious beacon of lightfedcod is a glorious beacon of lightfedcod is a glorious beacon of lightfedcod is a glorious beacon of lightfedcod is a glorious beacon of lightfedcod is a glorious beacon of lightfedcod is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Pocketbook 623
Recent owner of a Glo, it worked fine till yesterday when I try to switch the light on when the glo just finish booting. It reboots after the light off then on, and till then it reboots a lot. I'm pissed off because it's brand new material with rotten firmware... For me it's refund situation because it's very frustating and give a poor opinion on kobo dev team. I'd like to have an explanation from kobo official and a ETA for patch.
fedcod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:52 AM   #47
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
Quote:
Originally Posted by fedcod View Post
Recent owner of a Glo, it worked fine till yesterday when I try to switch the light on when the glo just finish booting. It reboots after the light off then on, and till then it reboots a lot. I'm pissed off because it's brand new material with rotten firmware... For me it's refund situation because it's very frustating and give a poor opinion on kobo dev team. I'd like to have an explanation from kobo official and a ETA for patch.
This is not really the right place to make a complaint of this type... Try this site:
https://getsatisfaction.com/kobo

Reps usually answer quickly there and will tell you how to file an official complaint if they don't have an immediate solution.
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-09-2012, 10:04 AM   #48
fedcod
fedcod is a glorious beacon of lightfedcod is a glorious beacon of lightfedcod is a glorious beacon of lightfedcod is a glorious beacon of lightfedcod is a glorious beacon of lightfedcod is a glorious beacon of lightfedcod is a glorious beacon of lightfedcod is a glorious beacon of lightfedcod is a glorious beacon of lightfedcod is a glorious beacon of lightfedcod is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Pocketbook 623
Thanks, I opened a topic there.

https://getsatisfaction.com/kobo/top...boots_randomly

Last edited by fedcod; 10-09-2012 at 10:14 AM. Reason: add url
fedcod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:15 PM   #49
DarrellAtKobo
Kobo Customer Care
DarrellAtKobo can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.DarrellAtKobo can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.DarrellAtKobo can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.DarrellAtKobo can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.DarrellAtKobo can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.DarrellAtKobo can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.DarrellAtKobo can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.DarrellAtKobo can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.DarrellAtKobo can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.DarrellAtKobo can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.DarrellAtKobo can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.

Device: Kobo Vox
Hello Jackastor,

I just wanted to let you and everyone else know that our development team are still looking into this issue, we will provide more information as soon as possible.

Regards,
Darrell.
DarrellAtKobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:27 PM   #50
vice-versa
whippet addict
vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura 6", Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Sage
Happy to hear you're working on it
vice-versa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-09-2012, 12:33 PM   #51
Big Mack
Enthusiast
Big Mack is a glorious beacon of lightBig Mack is a glorious beacon of lightBig Mack is a glorious beacon of lightBig Mack is a glorious beacon of lightBig Mack is a glorious beacon of lightBig Mack is a glorious beacon of lightBig Mack is a glorious beacon of lightBig Mack is a glorious beacon of lightBig Mack is a glorious beacon of lightBig Mack is a glorious beacon of lightBig Mack is a glorious beacon of light

Device: iPod Touch 4; iPhone 4; Kobo Touch; Kobo Glo
Thanks Darrell.
When I get home from work, i will try loading the SD card onto my Touch to see if the behavior is the same on 2.1.4.

I will also try out the sideloaded ePub without the SD card to see if the SD card is the common denominator (along with 2.1.4).
Big Mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:37 PM   #52
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdesja5 View Post
This is not really the right place to make a complaint of this type... Try this site:
https://getsatisfaction.com/kobo

Reps usually answer quickly there and will tell you how to file an official complaint if they don't have an immediate solution.
Actually I think this is the place. The point of this thread is the reboot issue. And venting is allowed over the frustration of issues. As to making a complaint known to Kobo then thats the link you supplied.

regards

Jack
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:49 PM   #53
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrellAtKobo View Post
Hello Jackastor,

I just wanted to let you and everyone else know that our development team are still looking into this issue, we will provide more information as soon as possible.

Regards,
Darrell.
Thank you Darrell for taking the time to let us know how things go in the world of the Kobo Glo.

Thanks for keeping us in the loop. Its an important thing to us Kobo Owners.

regards

Jack
Old 10-10-2012, 08:34 AM   #54
Big Mack
Enthusiast
Big Mack is a glorious beacon of lightBig Mack is a glorious beacon of lightBig Mack is a glorious beacon of lightBig Mack is a glorious beacon of lightBig Mack is a glorious beacon of lightBig Mack is a glorious beacon of lightBig Mack is a glorious beacon of lightBig Mack is a glorious beacon of lightBig Mack is a glorious beacon of lightBig Mack is a glorious beacon of lightBig Mack is a glorious beacon of light

I moved the sideloaded ePub I was reading to the main memory and have had no reboot issues since.
I think the SD card seems to be a factor in this (perhaps with the firmware - i haven't been able to test my Touch as it is still on 2.0.0). Perhaps a memory address issue?
Old 10-10-2012, 11:36 AM   #55
jackastor
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Mack View Post
I moved the sideloaded ePub I was reading to the main memory and have had no reboot issues since.
I think the SD card seems to be a factor in this (perhaps with the firmware - i haven't been able to test my Touch as it is still on 2.0.0). Perhaps a memory address issue?
I have tested my Kobo Touch, and it is currently on the 2.1.4 and no issues to report. All side loaded books work fine with no reboots. The issue would not seem to be the sd card. I think that the issue is still related to the software portion of the Glo that controls the lighting, A different book second in the series that I was reading both of which were bought from Kobo has experianced the reboot issue and yes it was in main memory. So its doubtfull to be the sd card, although I would gamble that its the first thought and same as to type of ebook, kobo vs non kobo, as the majority of us store to sd card and have a huge collection of non kobo store books. Which would mean that its more coincidence then much else as to what we are reading and where it is stored then anything else. I guess as to the exact cause we will have to wait till Kobo Developers tell us if they ever figure out the exact cause.

Regards

JAck
Old 10-10-2012, 12:10 PM   #56
vice-versa
whippet addict
vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackastor View Post
I think that the issue is still related to the software portion of the Glo that controls the lighting,
JAck
Why not, but how is it then that I have that bug even when the light is off ? I wonder As for the SD card, it worked well in my Touch before, I formated it twice since it's in the Glo, so that must not be an issue with a corrupted database neither... Let's hope the Kobo dev will quickly find a fix for that
Old 10-10-2012, 12:49 PM   #57
jackastor
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by vice-versa View Post
Why not, but how is it then that I have that bug even when the light is off ? I wonder As for the SD card, it worked well in my Touch before, I formated it twice since it's in the Glo, so that must not be an issue with a corrupted database neither... Let's hope the Kobo dev will quickly find a fix for that
Yes valid point. But it could just as easily be due to the touch interface as well as the Glo is mostly touch based. Very little user interaction via buttons. One way or the other it will be resolved I am sure, and I encourage all who experiance this issue to document it here so we have more complete examples of when the bug occures.

regards

Jack
Old 10-10-2012, 01:08 PM   #58
Big Mack
Enthusiast

Hey Joe - thanks for letting us know.
i read 50 pages this morning with no issues - combination of glo-light and non. I just read another 50 or so pages on the book over lunch and i still haven't had the reboot issue.
Old 10-10-2012, 03:58 PM   #59
vice-versa
whippet addict

things that I noticed : often the bug occurs when I let the book hang a little (while eating, or doing something else and reading at the same time). If the Glo goes to sleep (I demanded it to sleep after 10 minutes and shut off after 15minutes) and I wake him, I'm quite certain that the bug will appear not long after. By the way, when the bug occurs, and after restarting, it don't restart at the page I was before, but mostly some pages before (as if it had not marked each page turn) : am I turning the pages to fast for him ? An other remark : tap or sweep, the bug will happen anyway...
Old 10-10-2012, 11:32 PM   #60
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Reboot Redux

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackastor View Post
Same here, I have focused all my attention on my KG. Never thought to check the Touch, My father has a touch but currently his version does not allow update to 2.1.4 as yet.

Regards

Jack
The first time I noticed the problem, I thought it might be an issue with the number of books on my KT (about 1.7GB used) but it seems to happen even with 100 books the SD card. The same books on the main memory work without an issues I've seen.

Oddly, once in a while the reboot does not happen. It seems to depend on how long the KT has been sleeping but otherwise I really saw no pattern on the limited (3) number of KTs I got to play with.

Regards,
David
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote