Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 04-22-2010, 10:44 PM   #1
nycaleksey
nycaleksey began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Question non-latin titles in v1.3

Hi,

After upgrade to v1.3 all my russian language epub ebooks with cyrillic titles show as some hieroglyphic characters in "My Library" list of ebooks. The book content still reads fine. I know it's just been released but does anyone know ways to fix this? This has to do with default encoding of tittles and probably affects other languages too.

In v1.2 everything worked perfectly fine without any need to do any configuration changes or hacks.

Thank you.
nycaleksey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 12:22 AM   #2
Goshzilla
Zealot
Goshzilla has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Goshzilla has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Goshzilla has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Goshzilla has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Rocket Ebook 1150
The problem is, they didn't officially release v1.3 just yet. The leaked download wasn't an official release, and there are still a few days left for an official update to be released.
Goshzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 12:45 AM   #3
nycaleksey

I wish it was the case (due to lack of folder organization and ability to jump to page numbers) but I'm sure the MD5:71ff307902279e0673acfdc12adc4b2f file will be the official v1.3.0 released with fanfares tomorrow.
Old 04-23-2010, 01:32 PM   #4
Goshzilla
Zealot
Goshzilla has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Goshzilla has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Goshzilla has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Goshzilla has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Rocket Ebook 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycaleksey View Post
I wish it was the case (due to lack of folder organization and ability to jump to page numbers) but I'm sure the MD5:71ff307902279e0673acfdc12adc4b2f file will be the official v1.3.0 released with fanfares tomorrow.
I checked, the leaked version is indeed the official one. It's a bit disappointing that some of the features aren't working anymore.
Goshzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 02:40 PM   #5
Oletros
Connoisseur
Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle NT
Not only non latin characters.

Accents o ñ in Spanish doesn't appear correct
Oletros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 02:47 PM   #6
nycaleksey

True. Seems like all non-ascii characters are no longer visible in the ebook titles when looking at the My Documents list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oletros View Post
Not only non latin characters.

Accents o ñ in Spanish doesn't appear correct
Old 04-23-2010, 06:44 PM   #7
HelliH
Connoisseur
HelliH , Klaatu Barada Niktu!HelliH , Klaatu Barada Niktu!HelliH , Klaatu Barada Niktu!HelliH , Klaatu Barada Niktu!HelliH , Klaatu Barada Niktu!HelliH , Klaatu Barada Niktu!HelliH , Klaatu Barada Niktu!HelliH , Klaatu Barada Niktu!HelliH , Klaatu Barada Niktu!HelliH , Klaatu Barada Niktu!HelliH , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: nook/PB 360/PB IQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycaleksey View Post
True. Seems like all non-ascii characters are no longer visible in the ebook titles when looking at the My Documents list.
I just posted in the German forum a warning about that behaviour. As you wrote at B&N's forum: You can't understand why they touched that feature in the first place.
HelliH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 08:58 AM   #8
ctos
Enthusiast
ctos has learned how to read e-booksctos has learned how to read e-booksctos has learned how to read e-booksctos has learned how to read e-booksctos has learned how to read e-booksctos has learned how to read e-booksctos has learned how to read e-books

Device: Nook, G1
have the same issue to show Chinese book name, what a shame to Nook software dev and testing team.
ctos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 11:19 AM   #9
abo.saud
abo.saud began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Arabic too
abo.saud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 03:34 AM   #10
bthoven
Evangelist
bthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Thai too ;(
bthoven is offline   Reply With Quote