Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-18-2008, 01:37 AM   #1
nigeldb
email tragic
nigeldb once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.nigeldb once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.nigeldb once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.nigeldb once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.nigeldb once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.nigeldb once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.nigeldb once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.nigeldb once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.nigeldb once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.nigeldb once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.nigeldb once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iLiad, Cybook, iPhone
Newbie question - One catalogue for p and ebooks

Hi, not too sure if this is the right forum but figured the experts are here. I'm a recent buyer of an Iliad and a total convert. Trouble is I have a few thousand books sitting in my paper based library.

Is there a single piece of software to catalogue both pbooks and ebooks so I can have one catalogue of the lot?

It woudl also be great if it could sync with fictionwise so I don't buy an ebook of a book I've already got.....my wife reads waaaay faster than I do so there are quite a few books in the library I know nothing about!!

I remember using Collectorz.com book collector to catalogue my library when I moved to Aus, just in case the ship went down and I had to claim on the insurance. It was pretty good but I can't see if it can handle e-books other than it says "Link your book entries to e-book or audio-book files."

Thanks for your advice
nigeldb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 09:53 AM   #2
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by nigeldb View Post
Is there a single piece of software to catalogue both pbooks and ebooks so I can have one catalogue of the lot?
I would recommend LibraryThing.com and/or Goodreads.com. They are both web based though. Personally I use librarything.com but have considering importing everything to the other to give it a try.

Neiter of these that I know of interact with the online ebook stores.

You can see my library at http://www.librarything.com/catalog/PilotBob

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-18-2008, 03:57 PM   #3
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
There are several catalog programs (for the mac at least) which will use a webcam to scan the UIC code, and try to match it online. Thus, the whole book entry is done is 30 seconds.** BookPedia is my current favorite (will send data to an iPhone too) but DeliciousLibrary is another.

** Unfortunately, many, many, many of my books are too old to have valid UIC codes!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote