Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 09-09-2013, 01:12 AM   #1
RenoA
RenoA began at the beginning.

Device: Calibre
Multiple icons in a column?

I have a lot of fan fictions in my library, so I created a custom column called 'Fandom' which indicates which series they belong to. I've set it up so each fandom has a different 16x16 icon, but there are a lot of crossovers as well which I would like to have display the icons for both series.

So far, I've managed to work around by adding rules for each combination of fandoms and having separately saved icons with their symbols already side-by-side (32x16), but it would be a lot simpler if I could simply have the column display the two symbols separately so I don't have to photoshop them together for each type of crossover and set up rules for each individual crossover category. Is there a way to do this using advanced rules or templates? Any ideas or suggestions?

A couple of screenshots to illustrate:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen shot 2013-09-08 at 11.43.51 PM.png
Views:	316
Size:	66.3 KB
ID:	110626   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen shot 2013-09-08 at 11.46.17 PM.png
Views:	328
Size:	252.1 KB
ID:	110627  
RenoA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 03:15 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
There is no way to display multiple icons in a column using icon rules.

If you python-fu is up to it then at least in theory you could write a custom template function that checks if a combined icon does not exist, creating it if it does not. This would require the function to use various image manipulation tools to create a new icon. It would return the name of the correct icon file, perhaps newly created. You would use that custom function in an advanced template.

I said "in theory" because I haven't ever tried to do image or file manipulation in a custom function. Should work, but YMMV.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-09-2013, 03:20 AM   #3
RenoA
RenoA began at the beginning.

Device: Calibre
Ah, ok. I've never used python, but I'm a fairly quick learner when it comes to code. I'll have to study up on it some, maybe I can write one out - if not, I'll just keep using my current method. Thanks for your time and quick response!
RenoA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
column, icons