Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-25-2014, 01:52 AM   #1
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
T2, Apple laptop, and Sony desktop reader

I am posting this plea for help on behalf of my wife, who has a Sony T2 and uses an Apple computer.

With her old Apple desktop computer she was able to download ebooks from several vendors, open them with the Sony desktop reader, and copy them to her T2.

She recently bought an Apple laptop which has OSX 10.9.2, and transferred her ebooks from the old Apple computer. People at the Apple store transferred the Sony desktop reader from the old computer to the new one. She did not attempt to use the desktop reader until she bought a new ebook from the Sony store but couldn't open it. Our daughter fiddled with it and was able to open it and transfer it to the T2 using the old desktop reader.

More recently she tried to buy an ebook from the Apple store, but found that it wouldn't even download. Since then she has not been able to open the old Sony desktop reader, and was advised by the Apple support people to download the latest Mac Sony desktop reader from Sony. But this when she tries to use this new desktop reader it firstly shows 'signed in successfully', then 'Unable to synchronise device error:unexpected exception error error code -1 (500)'

Can anyone please explain what has happened, and how she can get her Sony desktop reader to work? Or, if she deletes the current desktop reader and re-installs the old how does she get it to synchronise?

I can't help because I use a Windows 7 computer and calibre.
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote