Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 12-05-2009, 08:10 AM   #31
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
The device on the left, I'm pretty sure, like the CyBook Opus, can be turned upside down, and the screen and controls with "flip", so it can be used equally well left-handed. That works very well on the Opus.

For the 9.7" device, as someone has already said, I don't really think it matters, since you're going to be holding it with both hands.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 10:26 AM   #32
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by LevAizik View Post
I am very pleased with Pocketbook 301+. Outstanding ebook reader, but the screen too small for PDF files. Looking forward Pocketbook 901/902.
How so? That is hard to understand. With reflow and cropped margins and a 6" screen, EVERY PDF should be at least readable on the 301+. I wonder how anyone can say things like that. Send me the PDF you're concerned about and I'll show you a highly readable version on my 360! (except it's an A3 that can't be reflowed of course!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
The device on the left, I'm pretty sure, like the CyBook Opus, can be turned upside down, and the screen and controls with "flip", so it can be used equally well left-handed. That works very well on the Opus.

For the 9.7" device, as someone has already said, I don't really think it matters, since you're going to be holding it with both hands.
That's the very reason why it's called 360! Reading in landscape mode is okay, as well, as the screen is nearly as high as the devise is nearly as wide as a 6". Furthermore, you have the scrolling/paging button on the bottom so no problem turning pages!

Last edited by mtravellerh; 12-05-2009 at 10:30 AM.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-05-2009, 12:26 PM   #33
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Looks nice.
Much better than DX.
No h/w keyboard!
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 12:50 PM   #34
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by fugazied View Post
Woh that's a big one! Plastic screen is hopefully not too fragile. A very nice alternative for regions without DX or people who just hate Amazon.

Again, though, the case looks like it was designed in the 80s. Why don't these companies hire some talented hardware designers who also value aesthetics.
Clearly Pocketbook has excellent designers- just look at the PocketBook 360. Also of courses it will be able to rotate for operation by either hand and landscape just as with the other PocketBook models.
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 01:59 PM   #35
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulin's Books View Post
Clearly Pocketbook has excellent designers- just look at the PocketBook 360. Also of courses it will be able to rotate for operation by either hand and landscape just as with the other PocketBook models.
Personally, i never liked the style of the 360. Sound big a a 5". I don't fancy the 901 either in that regard.
Would like someting nice and clean like psr-600 or the futur irex. Maybe with basic next page / back button.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-05-2009, 03:07 PM   #36
charleski
Wizard
charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by EowynCarter View Post
B2B segment ?
'B2B' = expensive toys for overpaid 'executives'
charleski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 03:17 PM   #37
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
ahhhh to be a college student again....

I'm an ambidexterous reader, depends on what position I'm in, where the cat is, and so on. having buttons on both sides of the reader would be convenient for everyone I would think
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 03:28 PM   #38
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
Send me the PDF you're concerned about and I'll show you a highly readable version on my 360! (except it's an A3 that can't be reflowed of course!)
I have a couple of A0 posters
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 04:14 PM   #39
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
Send me the PDF you're concerned about and I'll show you a highly readable version on my 360!
http://www.levenez.com/unix/redirect_unix_pdf.html
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 08:16 PM   #40
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by charleski View Post
Can be, not always. For computers it is exactly the opposite. Business-to-business computers are simple machines without the frills for video, etc.

But the reader makers seem to have decided that some useful functions like WiFi (I would like to download newspapers to the reader without a computer) and annotation capabilities are "business" apps and no private user would ever want them. In this case it is just a matter of wanting to charge significantly more.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 09:01 PM   #41
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by EowynCarter View Post
Personally, i never liked the style of the 360. Sound big a a 5". I don't fancy the 901 either in that regard.
Would like someting nice and clean like psr-600 or the futur irex. Maybe with basic next page / back button.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
ahhhh to be a college student again....

I'm an ambidexterous reader, depends on what position I'm in, where the cat is, and so on. having buttons on both sides of the reader would be convenient for everyone I would think
hahaha ! an example of why design is so hard. Eowyn would liek no buttons at all or maybe just acouple if absolutely necessary and kindlekitten would like all the buttons repeated on both sides :
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 10:58 PM   #42
Mr. Dalliard
Zealot
Mr. Dalliard began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Nice, but I'll wait for a plastic screen.
Mr. Dalliard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 06:30 PM   #43
meem
A Reader who can think..!
meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi - Kindle DX (B004)
Very light wieght ereader for 9.7" screen.
It's lighter than Kindle DX.
I hope it will be cheaper also.
meem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 02:05 AM   #44
m-reader
Guru
m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Sony PRS-300. PRS-650, PRS-900, iPad2, Iconia A500, Irex Iliad (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by charleski View Post
B2B could also well mean selling large quantities to other business for further resale.
m-reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 03:48 AM   #45
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by m-reader View Post
B2B could also well mean selling large quantities to other business for further resale.
What's meant here is that the 9.7" reader with Wacom screen and annotation possibilities has a lot of strengths on a business and administration point of view, too.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pocketbook, pocketbook 901, textbooks