Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-30-2009, 09:15 PM   #16
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Monte Carlo or Bust!! That's my choice.. or we could all meet under the big Dubya, I hear there's supposed to be some kind of treasure buried there?

Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 09:32 PM   #17
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
San Francisco or London!
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-30-2009, 09:51 PM   #18
Faenad
Ad astra per aspera
Faenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enough

Device: PRS-505, PRS-300 & HTC HD2
Cancun! There are cheap flights to go here both from the UE and the US. And the sunny climate would be perfect for our e-ink screen.
Faenad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 09:57 PM   #19
nomesque
Snooty Bestselling Author
nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650
Can we have a big screen with webcam feeds of all the members who can only get there via computer?
nomesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 09:58 PM   #20
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Miami or New York City.

It seems that we already have an almost monthly Euro Meet-up in Paris thanks to Zelda.

Additionally, there has been talk of a late fall/early winter DC area meet-up as we may start having one every six months. (We will try to work it around Nate's flight schedule, planet alignment permitting. )
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-31-2009, 03:34 AM   #21
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomesque View Post
Can we have a big screen with webcam feeds of all the members who can only get there via computer?
Thatʻs a fantastic idea! Iʻll try to remember to dress in clothes for the occasion....
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 03:53 AM   #22
nomesque
Snooty Bestselling Author
nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceKrispy View Post
Thatʻs a fantastic idea! Iʻll try to remember to dress in clothes for the occasion....
Or we could just have an additional adults-only screen for the clothes-disinclined among us...
nomesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 04:24 AM   #23
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenne View Post
Same here, VCat!

BTW, What about GERMANY!!!!
(ok, ok, I admit, Germany might not be the ideal location for you guys over there, but you could all camp in my garden and visit Castle Neuschwanstein and all the breweries )
Hmm, I like Germany... You can keep the beer though (but I will want to see Castle Neuschwanstein!)

Quote:
Oh, say! I just had a fabulous idea- let's make it the true melting pot of (wait for it) Hawai'i!! Oh I am so blessed such a lucky idea came to me just now! Think of the food and the cultural experiences awaiting you! And the sun and the beaches and the...
Good idea too! Too bad the US demands that I fill in this form with all my personal info before I can go there...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 04:49 AM   #24
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomesque View Post
Or we could just have an additional adults-only screen for the clothes-disinclined among us...
How very.... scary!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post

Good idea too! Too bad the US demands that I fill in this form with all my personal info before I can go there...
Just lie. Everyone else does.
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 05:35 AM   #25
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Just lie. Everyone else does.
But I'll probably not allowed to enter then! The only thing they don't ask is the type of food you like...
Old 08-31-2009, 06:14 AM   #26
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Oh, boy! This won't be easy!

Okay! Those places that only have one MR member, forget it. That's too much work for one person. The host city must have a team ready, one that has the time to set things up.

Nomesque has hit on something interesting. We could have a simultaneous meetup from different points in the world via webcams, but that would be for a short time. And that's not quite the way I'd like to meet you all. I want to look you in the eye while I shake your hand, I want to feel who you are, what your life is about, feel why you are MRers. That can only be done through different points in a series of days.

When I met pshrynk, I felt that we barely scratched the surface.We could have gone on for hours. That is the kind of meeting I would want with you guys.

Since everyone seems to want the meeting in their backyards, we'll have to limit choices to big Metropolis centers. Places already set for conferences and filled with cultural activities. Vegas is out of the question but LA, New York would be OK for that side of the pond. (Montreal is too small) Then London (my favorite choice) Paris, ?Rome?, ?Berlin?, those could qualify, and any other big cities.

If the meetup lasts 3 days, the city would have to provide entertainment enough for a whole week of stay. I would love this to also be a vacation and spend the rest of the week there without travelling out.
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 06:29 AM   #27
ravenne
Wizard
ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, PocketBook 360°, Cybook Gen3, iPad mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by yvanleterrible View Post
Oh, boy! This won't be easy!

Okay! Those places that only have one MR member, forget it. That's too much work for one person. The host city must have a team ready, one that has the time to set things up.

Nomesque has hit on something interesting. We could have a simultaneous meetup from different points in the world via webcams, but that would be for a short time. And that's not quite the way I'd like to meet you all. I want to look you in the eye while I shake your hand, I want to feel who you are, what your life is about, feel why you are MRers. That can only be done through different points in a series of days.

When I met pshrynk, I felt that we barely scratched the surface.We could have gone on for hours. That is the kind of meeting I would want with you guys.

Since everyone seems to want the meeting in their backyards, we'll have to limit choices to big Metropolis centers. Places already set for conferences and filled with cultural activities. Vegas is out of the question but LA, New York would be OK for that side of the pond. (Montreal is too small) Then London (my favorite choice) Paris, ?Rome?, ?Berlin?, those could qualify, and any other big cities.

If the meetup lasts 3 days, the city would have to provide entertainment enough for a whole week of stay. I would love this to also be a vacation and spend the rest of the week there without travelling out.
I agree with all the above. But maybe we should try to find out who's interested in a worldwide meetup first and then think about the location. If lots of Europeans are, it would be best to choose a city in Europe. If the majority of people who would like to meet are from your side of the pond, New York or L.A. are far better options. Just a thought....
ravenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 07:09 AM   #28
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenne View Post
I agree with all the above. But maybe we should try to find out who's interested in a worldwide meetup first and then think about the location. If lots of Europeans are, it would be best to choose a city in Europe. If the majority of people who would like to meet are from your side of the pond, New York or L.A. are far better options. Just a thought....
In the latter case, NY would be a much better choice as that would be halfway Europe and America (ok, the west coast and south coast). Those Aussies are used to having to fly a full day, so it wouldn't matter too much to them
Old 08-31-2009, 08:22 AM   #29
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Oh, what the heck. Let's just meet in Paris. There are loads of members already willing to meet there every other day. And they're held there so often that we don't even really have to schedule anything - just show up and there's probably one in progress.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 10:47 AM   #30
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
I vote for Cancun. We have a timeshare there.

What? Can't I be a little selfish?
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote