Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 12-18-2014, 12:10 AM   #1
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Norman Bridwell Dies (Clifford the Big Red Dog)

Norman Bridwell, author/cartoonist, best known for Clifford the Big Red Dog, passed away recently at the age of 86 (15 Feb 1928 ~ 12 Dec 2014).

Quote:
Bridwell put together a portfolio and attempted to get a job as a children's book illustrator but was rejected by around fifteen publishing houses. While at Harper & Row, an editor offhandedly suggested he turn one of his drawings into a story. The drawing was of a baby girl and a horse-sized bloodhound, and the story became Clifford The Big Red Dog. That book spawned over 40 best-selling Clifford books, two television series, merchandise, and a live musical.
Quote:
Clifford the Big Red Dog is an eponymously titled American children's book series about a big red dog named Clifford. It was first published in 1963 and was written by Norman Bridwell. The series helped establish Scholastic Books as a premier publishing company, and Clifford himself is Scholastic's official mascot.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 12:19 AM   #2
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
I heard this today. I have fond memories of reading many of his stories to my kids.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-18-2014, 10:18 AM   #3
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
I remember checking it out of my public library as a young kid. Sad. I note he died on my birthday.

Last edited by crich70; 12-18-2014 at 10:23 AM.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote