Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

View Poll Results: Partecipereste al forum italiano?/Would you be active in the Italian forum?
Sì/Yes 17 53.13%
No 10 31.25%
Forse/Maybe 5 15.63%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-31-2011, 09:06 AM   #16
Rob Lister
Fanatic
Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by kya View Post
Ciao a tutti,

come suggerito da beppe, apro questo sondaggio per chiedere in particolare agli utenti italiani (ma non solo a loro) se sono interessati all'apertura di un forum nella nostra lingua.

Si è già parlato della cosa in questo thread ma essendo ormai aperto da oltre un anno è difficile capire in quanti parteciperebbero veramente solo in base a quello. Quindi facciamo un bel censimento (tanto è il periodo ) e poi lo staff valuterà.
E 'davvero necessario per creare un forum che si rivolge ad altre lingue? Gli italiani (o cinesi, o spagnolo, ecc) hanno esperienze di lettura in modo che differiscono dalle loro controparti inglesi che un forum a parte è necessario? Visto come è facile invocare un traduttore su un computer moderno, ognuno può tranquillamente leggere (e rispondere a) qualsiasi lingua quasi con la stessa facilità in quanto possono proprio.

Last edited by Rob Lister; 10-31-2011 at 09:09 AM.
Rob Lister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 09:54 AM   #17
kya
kya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Lister View Post
E 'davvero necessario per creare un forum che si rivolge ad altre lingue? Gli italiani (o cinesi, o spagnolo, ecc) hanno esperienze di lettura in modo che differiscono dalle loro controparti inglesi che un forum a parte è necessario? Visto come è facile invocare un traduttore su un computer moderno, ognuno può tranquillamente leggere (e rispondere a) qualsiasi lingua quasi con la stessa facilità in quanto possono proprio.
La richiesta nasce perché esistono già due sezioni in tedesco e francese, quindi un'esigenza diversa evidentemente c'è. Più che diverse esperienze di lettura penso ci siano esigenze diverse in merito alla disponibilità di dispositivi in quel paese, assistenza, acquisto di ebook nella propria lingua, ecc..

Poi scrivere in altre lingue in tutte le sezioni del forum secondo me sarebbe un fastidio per tutti gli altri utenti.
kya is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-02-2011, 10:11 AM   #18
Rob Lister
Fanatic
Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by kya View Post
La richiesta nasce perché esistono già due sezioni in tedesco e francese, quindi un'esigenza diversa evidentemente c'è. Più che diverse esperienze di lettura penso ci siano esigenze diverse in merito alla disponibilità di dispositivi in quel paese, assistenza, acquisto di ebook nella propria lingua, ecc..

Poi scrivere in altre lingue in tutte le sezioni del forum secondo me sarebbe un fastidio per tutti gli altri utenti.
Jag antar att tekniken kommer att göra detta till en icke-fråga. Någon har förmodligen redan utvecklat ett automatiskt översätter plug-in för UBB. Så det ingen roll vilket språk de har skrivit in den, kommer det att dyka upp på det språket oavsett.
Rob Lister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 11:36 AM   #19
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, Ipod4, IPad2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Lister View Post
Jag antar att tekniken kommer att göra detta till en icke-fråga. Någon har förmodligen redan utvecklat ett automatiskt översätter plug-in för UBB. Så det ingen roll vilket språk de har skrivit in den, kommer det att dyka upp på det språket oavsett.
Il nostro presume che la tecnologia renderà questo un non-problema. Qualcuno probabilmente ha già sviluppato un plug-in per tradurre automaticamente per UBB. Quindi non ha importanza quale lingua l'hanno scritto, apparirà in quella lingua a prescindere.

پھر وہاں مواد رہے ہیں
beppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 01:35 PM   #20
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Queste combinazioni di lettere mi lasciano perplesso
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-02-2011, 03:38 PM   #21
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Queste combinazioni di lettere mi lasciano perplesso
Queste combinazioni Questa combinazione di lettere mi lasciano perplesso

Urdu.
Old 11-02-2011, 03:51 PM   #22
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by beppe View Post
Queste combinazioni Questa combinazione di lettere mi lasciano perplesso

Urdu.
Translation:
Code:
This combination of letters leaves me baffled
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 04:16 PM   #23
beppe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
Translation:
Code:
This combination of letters leaves me baffled
the urdu combination of letters means

e poi c'è il contenuto
and then there is the content

According to Google

Italian language has a particular character, absurd, surreal.
Old 11-02-2011, 05:00 PM   #24
vishcompany
Addict
vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.

Device: Gen3(†); PB302(↓); PRS-350; T1; voyage
Yes.
I agree with the opinion, that it might draw Italian users in first place. Once they are here, they still will be checking the English specific forums, when looking for solutions. And eventually start posting.
vishcompany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 05:54 PM   #25
Ravensknight
Serpent Rider
Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350; Nook STR; Oasis
why just Italian?

If italian writers [not authors] make up a large portion of MR's overall audience, I don't see why not. If they don't however, then I can foresee campaigns for every language under the sun.
Ravensknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 07:38 AM   #26
italianReader
Connoisseur
italianReader has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.italianReader has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.italianReader has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.italianReader has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: onyx boox 60
The question is a little bit misleading.
Maybe (since I'm italian as you can easily guess ) I would participate to an italian forum but as a general rule I would be against it.

My english is far (very far, indeed) from perfect but i prefer to know that the useful information is kept as "accessible" as possible. I am strongly convinced that is far more important being able to read than to write and a religious monolingual approach is the way to go.

For instance I was a little bit disappointed with the german forum when I was about to buy a pocketbook since I can't read german at all and that forum was an information mine. Yeah sure, you can always use an online translator, but that's just one more hassle.
italianReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 01:11 PM   #27
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by italianReader View Post
The question is a little bit misleading.
Maybe (since I'm italian as you can easily guess ) I would participate to an italian forum but as a general rule I would be against it.

My english is far (very far, indeed) from perfect but i prefer to know that the useful information is kept as "accessible" as possible. I am strongly convinced that is far more important being able to read than to write and a religious monolingual approach is the way to go.

For instance I was a little bit disappointed with the german forum when I was about to buy a pocketbook since I can't read german at all and that forum was an information mine. Yeah sure, you can always use an online translator, but that's just one more hassle.
but this would be a problem if there were to be subforums (or fora ) - as far as I understand it, here we are talking about a general forum, possibly for the discussion of books - and I really miss not being up to speed with what happens in contemporary italian literature, so it would be nice to have a place to discuss of Italian books. Sure, you could do that in the general discussion forum, but my guess is that even with the best will in the world any thread with such a limited audience would quickly finish in teh back pages, and many people wouldn't even know it existed. For instance, there was a thread started by Beppe I think on books in Italian and access to Italian libraries for those of us who live outside Italy, but it is hard to find it now back on page 4...

EDIT: The German Pocketbook forum is however an exception, as "Pocketbook Europe" is based in Germany, with one of the moderators being a representative of Pocketbook, while no Pocketbook representative is any longer writing in the English language Pocektbook forum, so this is why most of the relevant information is there. But this is really an exception, as far as I know. Even if there were to be an Italian Pocketbook sub-forum, say, it would end up with very little traffic as the French one, as my bet is that the majority of posters would be in reply to questions by users who know little English and do not feel confident asking qeustions in the general forums.

Last edited by paola; 11-05-2011 at 01:15 PM.
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 06:32 AM   #28
italianReader
Connoisseur
italianReader has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.italianReader has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.italianReader has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.italianReader has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: onyx boox 60
Paola probably you are right. Probably I'm just (mis)judging the usefulness of an italian subforum based on my non-usage of the currently available non-english forums (I beg pardon teacher, fora ).

Somebody corrects me if I'm wrong, probably the right way to evaluate the usefulness of an italian subforum would be to evaluate:

- How many mobileread users would be able to use the italian forum,
- How much the italian speakers could benefit by it,
- How much of a problem could be for those users who can't read italian,
- How many new users an italian forum could attract.

The first point is probably the goal of this thread, the second and the third could be estimated by looking at the other non-english fora and are dependent on the first one and the fourth point is just a big question mark.

On a last thought I agree with the possibilities described by Paola. Being able to discuss the contemporary italian literature once in a while wouldn't be that bad.
italianReader is offline   Reply With Quote