Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 12-24-2014, 08:31 AM   #121
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
I got the 6 month subscription, so I was surprised to see a monthly charge go through. I contacted them. I have to cancel the auto pay through Paypal before the subscription will start. So I've done that, now have to wait a month to see if it starts correctly.
That is pretty sneaky of them. I better make sure that I cancel my free trial way ahead of scribd trying to charge. Looks like I simply can't get around the reading experience in their app - I tried. No matter what content they may have in store for me, it is a non-issue if the content can't be delivered to my satisfaction.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 08:36 AM   #122
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
I got the 6 month subscription, so I was surprised to see a monthly charge go through. I contacted them. I have to cancel the auto pay through Paypal before the subscription will start. So I've done that, now have to wait a month to see if it starts correctly.
All PayPal subscriptions have to be cancelled on your end or they keep taking the money out. It's just the way it has always worked with PayPal Subscriptions..
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 08:38 AM   #123
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
That is pretty sneaky of them. I better make sure that I cancel my free trial way ahead of scribd trying to charge. Looks like I simply can't get around the reading experience in their app - I tried. No matter what content they may have in store for me, it is a non-issue if the content can't be delivered to my satisfaction.
It's not Scribd it's PayPal. You are responsible to cancel any Subscriptions you have with PayPal. The other party can't do it for you. It's very important to once in awhile review your Contract open and active subscriptions on PayPal to make sure you didn't forget one.
Old 12-24-2014, 09:57 AM   #124
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
It's not Scribd it's PayPal. You are responsible to cancel any Subscriptions you have with PayPal. The other party can't do it for you. It's very important to once in awhile review your Contract open and active subscriptions on PayPal to make sure you didn't forget one.
Ah thank you, did not know that about PayPal - do not use them. I have time to change my mind yet about keeping scribd or not.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 06:31 PM   #125
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Scribd is down! I can't log in so I went to the site and it's gone! Just a 503 error. I hope they are back up soon!
Old 12-28-2014, 08:32 PM   #126
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Scribd is down! I can't log in so I went to the site and it's gone! Just a 503 error. I hope they are back up soon!
Seems to be working now.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 08:35 PM   #127
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
It went down just when I reloaded my Fire6 after a factory reset. I thought I had the wrong password and freaked out. Then I checked the site and

Back now yes.
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 08:10 AM   #128
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atunah View Post
It went down just when I reloaded my Fire6 after a factory reset. I thought I had the wrong password and freaked out. Then I checked the site and

Back now yes.
Same here! I was like great when I want to read of all times it's down. This happens to me alot.