Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 07-12-2012, 06:29 AM   #1
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Game Circle

Not that I'm a gamer, but interesting:

Quote:
Amazon Gamecircle brings social gaming to the Kindle Fire
Challenges Apple's Game Centre
By Carly Page
Thu Jul 12 2012, 11:05

ONLINE RETAILER Amazon has brought a social gaming platform to its Kindle Fire tablet ahead of its rumoured release in the UK.

Offering features similar to Apple's Game Centre, Amazon Gamecircle tracks players' scores on compatible titles, showcasing leaderboards and virtual achievements. It also boasts a synchronisation functionality that offers cloud-based game saves.

"Gamecircle will make achievements, leaderboards and sync APIs accessible, simple and quick for you to integrate, and will give gamers a more seamless and entertaining in-game experience," Amazon explains.

Amazon says that IOS and Android smash hit Temple Run will be one of the first games to take advantage of the new social features.

Co-founder of the game's developer Imangi Studios, Keith Shepherd said, "The new service is a great way to keep our fans engaged by offering them more opportunities to play the game, and an intuitive platform to connect with new players."

Other titles that will be coming to Gamecircle include Doodle Jump, Tap Zoo and Rule the Kingdom.

http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/...he-kindle-fire
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 08:29 AM   #2
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Yeah, heard about it. Will be interesting to see how it goes. I don't like Game Center very much.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 10:05 AM   #3
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
Just one more thing to sync... While I really don't care either way about this, I certainly couldn't care less about my friends' scores in Doodle Jump.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 05:09 PM   #4
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingLemur View Post
Just one more thing to sync... While I really don't care either way about this, I certainly couldn't care less about my friends' scores in Doodle Jump.
Me either. But it makes me all warm and fuzzy when I've killed the 1 millionth pig in Angry Birds and there's an achievement screen that pops up saying so.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote