Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 04-27-2011, 07:12 AM   #46
Astrakan
Astrakan knows the difference between a duck.Astrakan knows the difference between a duck.Astrakan knows the difference between a duck.Astrakan knows the difference between a duck.Astrakan knows the difference between a duck.Astrakan knows the difference between a duck.Astrakan knows the difference between a duck.Astrakan knows the difference between a duck.Astrakan knows the difference between a duck.Astrakan knows the difference between a duck.Astrakan knows the difference between a duck.

Device: Kindle 3G
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrakan View Post
I honestly have no idea. Considering I'm not charging for it I would imagine it's a fair use thing, but I'm no expert. I've removed it for now, while I check with the artist if it's cool that I use it.
LastDarkAutumn got back to me and he has no problems with me posting the cover. It's been re-attached to the original post above.

Although... maybe it'd be better suited in the e-book thread...
Astrakan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 09:36 AM   #47
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Shiny - thanks to Jon and Icehand (for the prc version)
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 12:02 PM   #48
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
As I mentioned in my Amazon review, this short story (current free on Amazon) feels like it could have taken place in the Firefly universe:

Don't Count the Stars: A Short Story of Life on the Edge of the Universe

ApK
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 06:43 PM   #49
Krinks
Krinks began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 & MobiPocket Reader
If you can find it, read the Star Trek novel "The Three Minute Universe" by Barbara Paul. The blurb on here makes it sound very serious, and it does have that aspect to it, but there is quite a bit of fun in this book too. There was a scene in it, where the crew hides in a cargo container that had me laughing hysterically.

Last edited by Krinks; 05-19-2011 at 06:52 PM.
Krinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 08:54 PM   #50
George
Enthusiast
George began at the beginning.

Device: iPad/iPhone - PRS 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Berk View Post
I'd recommend these two books: Retribution Falls by Chris Wooding, and its sequel Black Lung Captain.

-snip-

I found them very similar in spirit to Firefly, and reading about it online I found I'm not the only one.

Picked up the first one and in no time the second one. Eagerly awaiting the third which is due to be released this year. Very much in the spirit of Firefly.
George is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 05:01 PM   #51
Bricorn
Addict
Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DXG
Quote:
Originally Posted by George View Post

Picked up the first one and in no time the second one. Eagerly awaiting the third which is due to be released this year. Very much in the spirit of Firefly.
3rd one is out. In my TBR queue now.
Bricorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 11:34 PM   #52
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Samsung S8, Lenovo Tab 3 Pro
It's hardly unknown, and the humor/action ratio varies from book to book, but David Brin's Uplift Saga is a ton of fun, and a wild ride all over the universe. It's not as tongue-in-cheek as Hitchhiker, but moreso than nearly anything else.
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote