Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-25-2007, 01:37 AM   #121
WilliamG
Addict
WilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Honestly can't believe there's no update for this bug.
WilliamG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 03:04 AM   #122
Nightwing
Addict
Nightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enough

Device: Cowon A2 Dell x3i, Sony Reader & Eee PC!
Starting to think the bug is some task when its in sleep mode eating power when it should be off.
Nightwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-25-2007, 10:55 AM   #123
Aprilbeginnings
Guru
Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-500 /prs 650 soon
Oh this battery thing is starting to drive me crazy........... on one book I have gone down from full charge to 1 bar left......... (this book is taking me longer by the way) so last night I plugged the thing in with it on and immediatly the bars read up to three....... I left it charge until around 2 am in the morning when I thought I would hate for some kind of burn in with text on the screen (if that could happen) so I came back here and turned it off. Checked it this morning, still 3 bars..... plugged the plug back in and jumped to four bars....... I agree they need to fix whatever the heck it is that is ailing these batteries........ I mean was a really getting on the low side or is that a bunch of bunk, cause an immediate plug in to charger ran it right back up three bars............ argggggggggggggg

Good news is I am a cockatiel birdy grandma, LOL.......... have one little one in the cage, parents taking good care of he/she.... more ??? I am not sure........ ha!
Aprilbeginnings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 11:42 AM   #124
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Congratulations on your new addition, Karen!

I don't think you need to worry about burn in, I don't think that the particles can develop an affinity for a particular point in space.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 11:51 AM   #125
Aprilbeginnings
Guru
Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

OKay, well I know when I leave the reader on you can always see hints of the text when I change the page so when I thought I had it on a page for hours and hours on end I might have a problem.

Little bird is doing well, it will be for my birdsitter when it grows up now..... lets say it was a baby on request thing, LOL, I usually toss the eggs but she finally wanted one so I let them be.....

here is a pic of the little fella <G>
http://members.aol.com/aprilbeginnings/baby1a.jpg
Advert
Old 04-25-2007, 12:11 PM   #126
pinenut
pinenut began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamG
Honestly can't believe there's no update for this bug.
Neither can I. Every time I recharge the battery I have to reset the reader. That has to be fixed pronto.
pinenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 12:14 PM   #127
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aprilbeginnings
OKay, well I know when I leave the reader on you can always see hints of the text when I change the page so when I thought I had it on a page for hours and hours on end I might have a problem.

Little bird is doing well, it will be for my birdsitter when it grows up now..... lets say it was a baby on request thing, LOL, I usually toss the eggs but she finally wanted one so I let them be.....

here is a pic of the little fella <G>
http://members.aol.com/aprilbeginnings/baby1a.jpg
Oh, my, I'd forgotten how ugly new hatchlings can be -- in a cute sort of way, of course. It's probably more that they suffer by comparison to the adults, which are always so pretty.

I know what you mean about the ghosting being more pronounced when the Reader's on the same page for a while, but it goes away after a page turn or two, so I don't really see any reason to worry about it. (I sure seem to be getting a lot of shrugging in today ....)
Old 04-25-2007, 12:18 PM   #128
Aprilbeginnings
Guru

I am not shrugging you. Must be on some other threads..... I haven't been around too much lately..... And yes, the are ugly yet cute, only a face a mother could love, LOL.....But they grow pretty fast, soon it will be a pretty bird.

Okay I won't worry at all about burn in....still this battery thing needs to be addressed by Sony....although I am sure a minor bug, it's a pain in the $$$ bug.........
Old 04-25-2007, 12:38 PM   #129
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinenut
Neither can I. Every time I recharge the battery I have to reset the reader. That has to be fixed pronto.
You really don't have to reset it. Just momentarily plug in the wall charger with the Reader switched on, after you've finished charging, and the battery meter will immediately just to 4 bars.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 12:52 PM   #130
NatCh
Gizmologist

Quote:
I am not shrugging you. Must be on some other threads..... I haven't been around too much lately.....
That should have read: "I seem to be getting in a lot of shrugging today." I meant that I was doing a lot more shrugging even than I usually do.

And I agree the battery meter needs to be fixed. It doesn't seem to bother me as much as others, but it needs to be fixed, regardless.
Old 04-25-2007, 01:27 PM   #131
Aprilbeginnings
Guru

Saw your ---> And thought, *wow I could have had a v-8* LOL.......first thing that crossed my brain.......... and for some reason I am very tired, I go to read and I keep nodding off, dropping the reader on the carpet....I really think I need a nap and that is something I just don't usually do.............
Old 04-25-2007, 05:05 PM   #132
KlondikeGeoff
Wombat Aficionado
KlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enough

Device: Fire, Kindle1, Sony PRS-500 Reader, Rocket 1100 eBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT
You really don't have to reset it. Just momentarily plug in the wall charger with the Reader switched on, after you've finished charging, and the battery meter will immediately just to 4 bars.
Or, as I do (think it was April who suggested it) when charging is done, turn it on, unplug from the Reader, plug it back in, and viola, 4 bars.

I'd quit keeping track, but last charge I kept track of page turns (and did not count bookmarks, going to the menus, etc), and got 3020 page turns. Not too bad, I guess. The battery meter went down bar by bar as would be expected. Shortly after it got to one bar, I recharged.

So, for some goofy reason, my battery and the meter seem to be working OK. Obviously this not the same for everybody.
KlondikeGeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 04:30 PM   #133
russl
russl began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS500
I just spoke to Sony support using the number provided earlier in this thread. I've only had my reader for a couple weeks but I noticed this issue the first time I charged it after the firmware update.

The support technician I spoke to did find some reference to the issue and said that it was currently being "researched" so hopefully there is some kind of fix on the way. The interesting thing was that she had a "workaround" which was to do a hard reset of the reader.

The problem hasn't reached the level where I'm ready to reload everything on my device but I'm wondering if a hard reset truly fixes the problem or does the same thing as the soft reset.

Russ
russl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 04:31 PM   #134
Aprilbeginnings
Guru

hmmmmm, well I am not anxious to try the hard reset, besides, it looked complicated.... I rather deal with the stupid thing that doesn't work right.
Old 04-27-2007, 04:44 PM   #135
russl
russl began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS500
Quote:
hmmmmm, well I am not anxious to try the hard reset, besides, it looked complicated.... I rather deal with the stupid thing that doesn't work right.
I'm with you, especially if a fix which won't require the hard reset is on the way.

I am hoping that maybe there's someone out there more frustrated than us. It would be interesting to find out if it actually does anything other than reseting the meter from the most recent charge.

Russ
russl is offline   Reply With Quote