Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-13-2007, 09:35 AM   #76
grimo1re
Geekette
grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Sony Reader PRS500, PocketBook 360
I had the exact same problem! I drained the battery quickly by playing an MP3 (it auto-repeats!) and then I recharged: problem solved.

Grim.
grimo1re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 04:14 AM   #77
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by minty
I like many have this battery 'not charging' issue since upgrading the firmware

I read earlier and it worked for me just plug the mains charger in WHILE the reader is on, the battery indicator went to showing a full charge instantly, saved me have to do a soft reset

Untill they sort this bug out .......
I was sceptical about this, but I've just tried it, and it works! My battery meter was stuck at three bar after a night's charging, but with the Reader switched on I unplugged and reconnected the wall charger and instantly the meter went up to max.

I think I'll stick with the wall charger until they fix this firmware bug, hopefully in the next update. At least this is a lot easier than having to do a soft reset!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-14-2007, 06:48 AM   #78
diabloNL
Gadget Force®
diabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with others

Device: Sony PRS-300 + Cybook with funny screen :P
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT
I was sceptical about this, but I've just tried it, and it works! My battery meter was stuck at three bar after a night's charging, but with the Reader switched on I unplugged and reconnected the wall charger and instantly the meter went up to max.

I think I'll stick with the wall charger until they fix this firmware bug, hopefully in the next update. At least this is a lot easier than having to do a soft reset!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the battery meter always shows four bars when charging? I never seen it different even if the battery is drained it still shows four bars when connecting the charger.
diabloNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 07:14 AM   #79
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloNL
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the battery meter always shows four bars when charging? I never seen it different even if the battery is drained it still shows four bars when connecting the charger.
No, that's not the way mine behaves. Mine shows the current charge level, with a "lightning bolt" symbol alongside it to indicate that it's charging.
Old 03-14-2007, 09:01 AM   #80
Aprilbeginnings
Guru
Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-500 /prs 650 soon
I have always had mine turned "OFF" when charging via the wall, so now I am curious to see what happens if I try it while on and what shows up on the screen... half to remember this and see what I see if anything. Lighning bolt? hmmmmmm
Aprilbeginnings is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-14-2007, 09:30 AM   #81
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aprilbeginnings
Lighning bolt? hmmmmmm
Yes - immediately to the right of the battery meter. You can use the Reader as normal when it's charging from the wall charger.
Old 03-14-2007, 09:33 AM   #82
Aprilbeginnings
Guru
Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Thanks Harry, I got curious so although I didn't need a charge just turned it on and put in the plug. There is that puppy right there LOL...... Learned something new <G>
Old 03-14-2007, 09:42 AM   #83
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
A solar panel like the ones on calculators would have been nice. Remove the MP3 player that is only 10% of the use of the PRS and solar could work with it. Since you need light to use eink, it makes sense...
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 12:04 PM   #84
diabloNL
Gadget Force®
diabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with others

Device: Sony PRS-300 + Cybook with funny screen :P
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT
No, that's not the way mine behaves. Mine shows the current charge level, with a "lightning bolt" symbol alongside it to indicate that it's charging.
Hmm...I must be mistaking then. I will check it next time. What will be soon since my battery is empty in no time.
diabloNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 01:41 AM   #85
WilliamG
Addict
WilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Gah I'm having problems with my two Readers too, now. I charged it fully on Wednesday, and haven't used it. I pick it up today (Saturday), and it's down to two bars. Never had this problem prior to the firmware update. Grr! Resetting it the first time seemed to fix it, but I'll be blowed if I'm going to have to keep resetting it EVERY time I charge the thing.

Bah.
WilliamG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 10:33 AM   #86
Snassek
Connoisseur
Snassek is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony eReader
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamG
Gah I'm having problems with my two Readers too, now. I charged it fully on Wednesday, and haven't used it. I pick it up today (Saturday), and it's down to two bars. Never had this problem prior to the firmware update. Grr! Resetting it the first time seemed to fix it, but I'll be blowed if I'm going to have to keep resetting it EVERY time I charge the thing.

Bah.
As some of us have verified, just plug in the charger when you have the reader on and it will reset the battery indicator. No need to do a soft reset.
Snassek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 12:04 PM   #87
WilliamG
Addict
WilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Thanks for that info. I'll try that. Sounds like a pretty crappy bug.
WilliamG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 12:48 PM   #88
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

To clarify, what you have to do to reset the battery meter is switch the Reader on, then with it switched on, plug the switched-on charger into the Reader. It's the act of plugging in the charger while the Reader is switched on that seems to correctly reset the meter. ie do your normal charge with the Reader switched off, then pull the charger plug out of the Reader, turn the Reader on, and plug the charger back in for a few seconds.
Old 03-18-2007, 01:41 PM   #89
Aprilbeginnings
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snassek
As some of us have verified, just plug in the charger when you have the reader on and it will reset the battery indicator. No need to do a soft reset.
Yep, this has been working for me as well.
Old 03-18-2007, 03:06 PM   #90
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Me too, nearly as I can tell.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote