Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 10-25-2009, 10:12 AM   #1
Nina182B
Connoisseur
Nina182B began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, Cybook Opus, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura
Opus doesn't remember where I left off

Yesterday, my Opus stopped remembering where I left off. It's happening for all types of files (txt, epub, htm). No matter what page I end up reading to, when I go back to the library and then back to the ebook, it's at the beginning. Also some of the epubs are not showing their thumbnail images anymore. It seems to happen to the epubs where I advance pages, and then when I go back to the library, the cover art on the library view is gone.

Has this happened to anyone else?

I also did the reset in the back of the Opus, but it won't work. I can do the power off + previous button, but the reset one at the back doesn't do anything. Not sure if there's a difference between the two, but can't do the reset from the back.

I really hope I don't need a new Opus. I don't think I can stand not reading on it!
Nina182B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 10:16 AM   #2
Nina182B
Connoisseur

Sorry, I was suppose to post this in the trouble shooting forum and did it in General instead. I'll look into how to move it.
Advert
Old 10-25-2009, 10:32 AM   #3
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
no worries nina. i've moved your thread. good luck with your problem !
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 11:08 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
It seems very probable, from the symptoms, that you have corrupted the internal disk partition. You haven't been unplugging the USB cable without doing a "Safely Remove Hardware", have you?

Reformatting the internal memory should fix it.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 11:39 AM   #5
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
It seems very probable, from the symptoms, that you have corrupted the internal disk partition. You haven't been unplugging the USB cable without doing a "Safely Remove Hardware", have you?

It is strange that they did not fix this bug in the Opus since the problem we have seen reported here most often is that it does not remember the postion and settings.

And, yes I consider it to be a bug since you will never get people to stop just disconnecting the Cybook.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-25-2009, 12:31 PM   #6
T_Frain_K
Booyah!
T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Cybook Gen3 // Samsung Galaxy S
Nina, I had the same problem you described - on my Gen3 - and also out of the blue. As Harry said, I (for my part) messed with the unplugging.
Should mention, only the SD card was affected.
BUT i did not need to reformat it. I just Scandisc´ed the card and everything was fine again

Explanation to the problem:
Cybook saves your position in books and bookmarks in a seperate file besides the ebook, and your settings in the systems folder. Thus, it needs write access to the file system. And that is exactly what mine lost. Could not write on the card off my computer, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post

What leaves me to say, before you actually format the internal memory, make sure it is the one affected and not the card. Also, as described above, try using scandisc first. Formatting should be the last option if everything else fails.
T_Frain_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 01:43 PM   #7
Nina182B
Connoisseur

It's working! :) Oh joy!

Thanks for all the info. I usually do the Safely Remove Hardware, but I think there was a time when it said I couldn't do it, but I did it anyway.. now that I know this is what caused the problem, never again will I do that!

I did the scandisc and it worked. My Opus is back to normal. Hooray - thank you again for the feedback. I really appreciate it! I had also sent an e-mail to Bookeen support about this, but I'm so glad I wrote in the mobileread forum!