Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-05-2009, 12:41 PM   #1
muse
Enthusiast
muse plays well with othersmuse plays well with othersmuse plays well with othersmuse plays well with othersmuse plays well with othersmuse plays well with othersmuse plays well with othersmuse plays well with othersmuse plays well with othersmuse plays well with othersmuse plays well with others

Device: Kobo H2O
PRS700 does not read PDF meta-file details

Hi,

I used calibre to transfer a few non-DRM files (PDF, EPUB, converted LRF) onto a SD card on my Sony PRS700. EPUB and LRF files were read as seen on calibre. However for PDFs, they are not being read properly, with most of them having their original file details (before I edited them on calibre), or the file name itself.

I tried to delete them and retransfer them over but it does not work.

I am using the latest version, 5.5, of calibre on a Vista PC.
Another thing is, when I tried to transfer the files over by clicking once, the process will be done 3 times (?!). I suspect it is probably a bug.

Can someone guide me through this?

Thank you!
muse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 02:11 PM   #2
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
This is certainly a FAQ. The problem is not the Sony... the issue is that calibre doesn't edit the metadata in the PDF file. So, you need some software to edit the PDF file.

There are two other recent threads on this where you can find info on the tools.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert