Replace it with a 7" Voyage 45 41.28%
Leave it gone 10 9.17%
Don't care 18 16.51%
What is a Kindle Voyage? 4 3.67%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-30-2018, 12:34 AM   #16
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
Kobo doesn't do flush screens on current models -- I would almost bet it is to save money and not a design choice.
The Kobo Aura One has a flush screen. If it had the Kindle Voyage Haptic Buttons, I would consider it the perfect reader.
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 01:43 AM   #17
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by dordale View Post
The Kobo Aura One has a flush screen. If it had the Kindle Voyage Haptic Buttons, I would consider it the perfect reader.
Oh, it does have the flush screen. I thought it didn't. Sorry for the confusion.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-30-2018, 10:31 AM   #18
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Tab A 10.1(2019), Pixel 6a.
What do you mean 'If'? I thought that was a "Done Deal"!
GlenBarrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 11:15 AM   #19
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuregrace View Post
I love th 7 inch screen on the oasis, but hate the square design. I’d love a 7 voyage!

Same here, or better yet, a 7.8" or even 8" Voyage. That might finally switch me from primarily reading on Kobo to reading on Kindle. Don't figure Amazon would do that though....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
graycyn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 11:40 AM   #20
Phogg
PHD in Horribleness
Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just a whole bunch. I guess I am a collector now.
They should make a six inch screen device with the same dimensions as a six inch cell phone so that it can be used one handed.
Phogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-30-2018, 12:16 PM   #21
Ocicat
Groupie
Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Librie,PRS900,950,K4, KT, PW1&2, KV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuregrace View Post
I love th 7 inch screen on the oasis, but hate the square design. I’d love a 7 voyage!
Ditto here!
It would have to be a vertical extension, vs horizontal, so I voted to resume the 6" and introduce a 7".
Ocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 05:59 PM   #22
patrickt
Wizard
patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4 X 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by dordale View Post
The Kobo Aura Oh has a flush screen. If it had the Kindle Voyage Haptic Buttons, I would consider it the perfect reader.
I have never evaluated ereaders outside of Kindle. I chose Kindle 9 years ago for the choice of books I want to read. That's still my driving force. So, a question. If I bought a Kobo could I download book from Kinde ad read them on the Kobo without an Calibre manipulation?

Another comment. A seven inch, or 7.8 inch screen would go a long way to eliminating the size and weight difference of the Voyage.
patrickt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 06:18 PM   #23
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
I have never evaluated ereaders outside of Kindle. I chose Kindle 9 years ago for the choice of books I want to read. That's still my driving force. So, a question. If I bought a Kobo could I download book from Kinde ad read them on the Kobo without an Calibre manipulation?

Another comment. A seven inch, or 7.8 inch screen would go a long way to eliminating the size and weight difference of the Voyage.
The mobi support in the Kobo firmware dates back to the days of Mobipocket so if you have a mobi file with any of Amazon's extensions, it doesn't look pretty. Given that azw3 seems to be the most popular format and you would need to remove DRM, using calibre to remove DRM and convert to epub is little more effort.

I use calibre server to allow me to access my ebook library from any site I have WiFi access (a bit of port forwarding on my router, enabling SSL on calibre server and using user names and moderately complex passwords for security) and it works rather well. Kovid Goyal rocks!
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 05:21 PM   #24
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phogg View Post
They should make a six inch screen device with the same dimensions as a six inch cell phone so that it can be used one handed.
I've been yearning for an e-ink reader with minimal side bezels and rocker page turn buttons on the sides for almost 10 years. It could even be a bit thicker than the K2. The extra thickness would give plenty of room for a larger battery. Easy to replace battery would also be a plus.

A D-ring button below the display would be really really nice.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 05:30 PM   #25
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
I voted for a 7'' Voyage. After I've used my Oasis 2 for almost a year, all 6'' screens feel too cramped. I only use my readers at home, so portability isn't terribly important to me, but I'm afraid a 9-10'' Voyage would be too heavy.

While I like my Voyage, I wouldn't really despair if Amazon discontinues it altogether. I like my Oasis just as much.
The Mobius flexible screen is 226 dpi at 10.3".

I think that would be plenty of resolution for a reader at 10.3". That would significantly reduce weight if built like the Sony 13.3" readers. I don't know if going for light weight precludes a flush screen or not. I also don't know if flexible substrate and front light guide are compatible.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 07:32 PM   #26
rpvreviews
Enthusiast
rpvreviews began at the beginning.

Device: Boox Note 10.3; Various Kindles in past
i really wish Amazon comes out with 10" or 13" KINDLE
rpvreviews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 12:04 PM   #27
ren41
Connoisseur
ren41 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, Kindle Voyage, iPad2, iPhone 6S+, iPhone 8
I vote for a mk II or the return of the original. I'd like a mk II to have all-screen glass like the Oasis and reduce the size of the bezels. However I thought it was a huge improvement on the paperwhite, so much better.

I stupidly left my Voyage on the train 10 days ago, at the start of my holiday. I ordered a Paperwhite and an Oasis which came today. The Paperwhite is slow and has an unresponsive screen with a row of grey patches along the bottom from the lights. The Oasis - how irritating! I like the screen, not the clicky buttons, not the shape/size. I've ordered a refurbished Voyage (supply keeping popping up briefly in the UK) which will come on Oct 5th so I have time to see if the Oasis grows on me. Am sending the Paperwhite back.
ren41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 12:41 PM   #28
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
I wasn't willing to hope and wait. Bought another Voyage by turning in 2 older kindles resulting in $10 plus 50% off a new Voyage. The lighting is just not the same as on the Paperwhite and I just can't afford the Oasis.

Quote:
i really wish Amazon comes out with 10" or 13" KINDLE
I'd love even an 8 inch one, but it will never happen. The niche group who wants it is probably too small to be profitable.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 01:13 PM   #29
vrf
Addict
vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, Voyage, Paperwhite 2, Kindle Touch, Kindle Keyboard, iPad Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarana View Post
I wasn't willing to hope and wait. Bought another Voyage by turning in 2 older kindles resulting in $10 plus 50% off a new Voyage. The lighting is just not the same as on the Paperwhite and I just can't afford the Oasis.

I'd love even an 8 inch one, but it will never happen. The niche group who wants it is probably too small to be profitable.
Wait, how did you get 50 percent off the Voyage? Does it double the 25% if do two trade-ins?
vrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 09:58 AM   #30
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
I could go for a 5" Voyage.
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
voyage