Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-01-2018, 08:58 AM   #1
Yvonne_27
Yvonne_27 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Can't see kindle books on my computer

Hi, I have a Kindle Paperwhite. I connected it to my computer wanting to copy all the books from my kindle to the computer. However, under Documents on my computer, I could only see 2 books and dictionaries but not my 200 over books.

Yes, I've restart both my computer and kindle. Hope someone can help.
Yvonne_27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 09:22 AM   #2
Paperbackstash
Wizard
Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, PW 3, 4, 5, Fire HD 2012, Fire HD 8 (8th Gen)
Were they all bought from Amazon? Depending on the format type, you may not see them in the Windows drive depending on your settings. I can't open Mobi on my computer without a program either.
Paperbackstash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-01-2018, 10:29 AM   #3
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
If these books are bought from Amazon and you want to copy them over so that you could keep back-up copies, then it's no use. The books on your Paperwhite are coded to work only on this specific Paperwhite. They can't be opened on any other device. To back them up, you'll need to remove the DRM.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 10:32 AM   #4
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
And are you sure the books on your PW are downloaded and not just residing in the cloud? Your Amazon books that are stored in the Amazon cloud, but not dowloaded yet, are also visible on the PW, unless you changed the settings. To copy them over you must download them first.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 10:44 AM   #5
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
Copies of all books bought from amazon are all stored fpor you to re-access at amaon. If you now want to read them on your computer, there's a free official app for that !
Kindle for PC.
just re-download them direct from amazon, don't try to copy them back from your Kindle hardware ( that will not work, as others have already said)
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert