Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 02-02-2011, 08:23 PM   #361
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazzatron View Post
Hi =X=

I managed to get it working with the following change:

In frmCalibreAllFormat of BookCreator_NOIMP.dot there is a section entered as

Private Sub txtAddParam_Change()
setAdditionalParam = txtAddParam.Text
End Sub

Removing the "=" sign in the above formula resulted in the " --no-default-epub-cover" command working when entered in the Additional Parameters text box.

Thanks for all the help.

Gaz
Yep that's the bug, I guess I have the broken version up. I have a minor release that I'm getting ready to upload, I guess I better get to it so others have the fixes as well.

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 03:11 PM   #362
askyn
Addict
askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (11th Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by askyn View Post
Thanks for the link =)

I loaded it up and the menu item works fine now.

However I did run into a bug when I used the main wrdwrapfix button, it errored out.

Here is a picture of the error i recieved, just thought since it was a development version you might want it:

Error
Has this been addressed yet that anyone knows of ? or is anyone else having this problem?

I still run into it ( I had to reinstall windows etc ), the menu option still errors outl.

I can use the style selections on the sides to change the format, but it would be nice if the menu items worked also.
askyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-03-2011, 06:13 PM   #363
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I hate MS.
The problem is a 2003 vs 2007 problem. This is why I could not resolve it when you first reported the problem I only had 2003.

Anyhow the fix is easy.
Code:
Replace
Chr(13)
with 
VBA.Chr(13)

Last edited by =X=; 03-04-2011 at 08:10 PM.
Old 02-03-2011, 11:59 PM   #364
askyn
Addict
askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
I hate MS.
The problem is a 2003 vs 2007 problem. This is why I could not resolve it when you first reported the problem I only had 2003.

Anyhow the fix is easy.
Code:
Replace
Char(13)
with 
VBA.Char(13)
Hmm I found Char(13) in 2 spots and replaced it with VBA.Char(13)

it still errors out tho.

Compile error:
Method or data member not found

the part that is highlight is .Char
Old 02-04-2011, 12:18 AM   #365
=X=
Wizard

My apologies that was suppose to be 'VBA.Chr(13)' note there is no 'a' in 'chr'.
Advert
Old 02-04-2011, 01:27 AM   #366
askyn
Addict

That part worked great thank you =)

But, there was another error after I fixed that one.

Compile error:

Can't find project or library

Reference line:
szBkTitle = Trim(szBkTitle)

Trim is highlighted

Hope that one is as easy as the previous error.

thank you again.
Old 02-04-2011, 11:07 AM   #367
=X=
Wizard

I just tested it's the same fix.

There are several locations of "chr" and "Trim" just replace them with "VBA.chr" and "VBA.Trim" and they should work.

It seems MS has added namespaces to their core VBA language. Where as before they where treated as reserved words, now you have to declare a namespace "VBA" to use them. This is a change from MS Word 2003 to MS Word 2007

Last edited by =X=; 02-04-2011 at 11:10 AM.
Old 02-04-2011, 11:11 AM   #368
=X=
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by askyn View Post
That part worked great thank you =)

But, there was another error after I fixed that one.

Compile error:

Can't find project or library

Reference line:
szBkTitle = Trim(szBkTitle)

Trim is highlighted

Hope that one is as easy as the previous error.

thank you again.
BTW this was very helpful feedback as it tells me the command that you are having problems with. Thanks
Old 02-11-2011, 12:46 AM   #369
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally posted by =X=
Okay here is what you can do. On the same "misc" tab there is a checkbox that says "Enable Debug Information".
1) Check the "Enable Debug Information" check box.
2) Add the command " --no-default-epub-cover" in the "Additional Param" text box.
3) Depress the <Create> button.
4) In the directory where your document is located, there will be a "Debug.txt" file.
5) Open the "Debug.txt" file and highlight the command. (it's a very very long command) and copy it.
6) Open a command line terminal and paste the command.
7) Hit enter.

Either you had success or failure. if there is an error message post it here so I can take a look at it.
Just wanted to mention that I find a simple rename of debug.txt to debug.cmd and then double click it to run to be the easiest way to execute the commands in the debug.txt file. You can also edit the file to add any commands that are you want to add. Easiest way for me to change the justification to "--change-justification=left" or to play with other Calibre command line options.

Last edited by DNSB; 02-11-2011 at 12:50 AM. Reason: fat fingers can't type...
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 05:26 PM   #370
=X=
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Just wanted to mention that I find a simple rename of debug.txt to debug.cmd and then double click it to run to be the easiest way to execute the commands in the debug.txt file. You can also edit the file to add any commands that are you want to add. Easiest way for me to change the justification to "--change-justification=left" or to play with other Calibre command line options.
Nice tip thanks.

Just a FYI setting the debug option flag on keeps all of the temp files generated by BookCreator, you might want to remove the temp files once your done with the command line.

You should be able to pass in "--change-justification=left" in the additional parameters text field located in the "Misc" tab of the "Create eBook" dialog box.
Old 02-15-2011, 01:11 AM   #371
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
Nice tip thanks.

Just a FYI setting the debug option flag on keeps all of the temp files generated by BookCreator, you might want to remove the temp files once your done with the command line.

You should be able to pass in "--change-justification=left" in the additional parameters text field located in the "Misc" tab of the "Create eBook" dialog box.
I been using the saved temp files along with playing with the parameters in the debug.txt file to see what I can do without having to open Word to play with various settings. I run a batch file to clean up my temp files on a daily basis as a scheduled task so not a big worry here unless I'm working on something at 5 AM. I keep my temp files on a secondary hard drive along with my data files so the batch file just reads:

del e:\temp\*.* /q
for /d %%f in (e:\temp\*.*) do rd "%%f" /s /q
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 12:06 AM   #372
tannim
tannim began at the beginning.

Device: pandigital
Hello
I am a newbie to converting .doc to .epub (groans for later please) I am trying to do this yet I am not having any success I haved tried it on my desktop using XP sp3 with word 2000 and on vista laptop (only have a very short time frame to work on it 30 -45 minutes tops) yet using latest calibre and BookCreator when trying to use 2000 it gives me nonstop errors of stuff missing(not at that computer currently sorry or would have the errors) when using the vista laptop figuring I did something wrong b/c when scanning through it tons of text was altered(maybe didn't notice before) random extra symbols here and there yes I am new and sometimes a dense brick without meaning too. I only found these through calibre's direct link so any assist would GREATLY appreciated I just want to be able to get my books in a format that my reader can read. again Thanks for any support given. (groans may now continue in stereo)
tannim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 10:49 AM   #373
=X=
Wizard

Hi Tannim,
Hm the info you provided is difficult to for me to make sense. If you are able to reproduce the problem list the steps you performed to get there, that wiuld be very helpful.

Here is my best guess. The only symbols that BookCreator inserts is !b! and !i! . Are those the symbols your seeing? If so this is not an error, those taggs are used to mark italic text and bold text. However you only need to use this feature if you plan to remove all of the existing syles or formatting. The way to get rid of those tags is to select the 'Format Tag Text' menu option.

The error you are getting for missing libaries might be due to the version of word you are using. One of the key libraries BookCreator uses is regular expressions. I believe they added that library add part of office in 2003, but offered it as a plugin for 2000. BookCreator's minimum requirement is word 2003. This is primarily because I do not have word 2000 to test, nor I have not had anybody report sucess or failure with word 2000.

Last edited by =X=; 02-22-2011 at 10:53 AM.
Old 03-03-2011, 12:02 PM   #374
Raswan
Raswan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Is possible to change name of the generated TOC "Table of Contents" to different?
Raswan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 12:48 PM   #375
=X=
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raswan View Post
Is possible to change name of the generated TOC "Table of Contents" to different?
Not sure if I'm just daft, but I don't understand your question. Are you are trying to change the button text or the TOC text, or something else?

=X=