Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 08-25-2016, 08:36 AM   #1
Mol
Mol began at the beginning.

Device: none
Welcome To The Fairy Academy

Welcome To The Fairy Academy by Char Samm

Availaible on Amazon kindle store for £2.29, or read for free if you're a subscribed user.

A children's fantasy set in a school for fairies.

Wendy Ride made her way to an empty carriage on the train for The Fairy Academy For Great Britain, took a seat and opened her copy of ‘Fairy Folk: A History.’
She was halfway through the first page when the carriage door opened and two boys and a girl stepped in.
The girl wore glasses, and had brown-red hair pulled in a ponytail. One boy wore a buzz cut, and the other boy was cuddly looking with floppy, dark brown hair. Wendy blushed that she would think him ‘cuddly lookin“Sorry,” apologised the cuddly boy. “I didn’t realise anyone was sitting here.”
“No, it’s ok,” Wendy smiled, putting her book down. “Take a seat.”
“I want to talk to Mark about something,“ the girl said. She and the buzz cut boy both left.
The cuddly boy rolled his eyes. “Sorry about those two. I’m Charlie, by the way. Charlie Sarb.”
“Wendy Ride.”

Charlie Sarb and Wendy Ride have both started their first term at The Fairy Academy. They are excited about what's in store for them...

Last edited by pdurrant; 08-25-2016 at 09:49 AM.
Mol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 08:55 AM   #2
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Perhaps your blurb should have some more in it about how it differs from Harry Potter?

(Well, you know - train journey to magical school for magical folk, meeting significant people on their first journey on the train.... it sounds familiar!)

It would also be a good idea to include links to your book for the main English-language Amazon stores as well.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 09:13 AM   #3
Mol

To be honest with you, I did think of that, but nearly all the books I've read set in boarding schools, they've all met each other on the train.

Thanks for the tip on Amazon links

Old 08-25-2016, 09:26 AM   #4
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Put a link in your thread - in post #1 - or it will be deleted.

ADDED: Thank you for supplying a link. Please take the time now to read (or re-read) our Posting Guidelines for self-promotion, so that you fully understand your responsibilities when using Mobileread's free service for your promotions. ---

YOUR LINK DOES NOT WORK.

Don
(Moderator)

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 08-25-2016 at 09:33 AM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 10:34 AM   #5
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
A start would be telling us a title, a genre and a bit about the book.
You will catch more readers that way.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 10:37 AM   #6
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Since I am in a nice mood.
The title is Welcome to Fairy Academy.
It has no cover and no reviews at Amazon.
It appears to be a book for children ages 12-16.
It is $2.99.
Old 08-26-2016, 10:58 AM   #7
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

THREADS MERGED.

It would also be a good start if you read our guidelines for self-promotion.

As an author you are only allowed one thread per book.
Old 08-26-2016, 10:59 AM   #8
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

You really ought to get the cover image at Amazon sorted out. I don't see a cover image at all on the product page.
Old 08-26-2016, 11:01 AM   #9
Mol

For some reason, Amazon wouldn't let me upload a cover. 2.99 was the lowest I could go. Sorry, I'm new on here, I thought this thread follow on from yesterday's thread
Old 08-26-2016, 11:04 AM   #10
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mol View Post
For some reason, Amazon wouldn't let me upload a cover. 2.99 was the lowest I could go. Sorry, I'm new on here, I thought this thread follow on from yesterday's thread
Now you've found how to comment in the same thread. You're also able to edit the first post.

I'm rather surprised you managed to get Amazon to publish your book at all without a cover image.

I believe that $2.99 is the lowest price you can set while still keeping the 70% royalty.

Do read the self-promotion posting guidelines. Especially the bit about how often an author is allowed to bump their thread.
Old 08-26-2016, 11:18 AM   #11
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

You can go as low as 99 cents but you have to check 35% royalties. Also since you are in Select, don't forget to use your 5 free days.