Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 08-12-2012, 12:51 PM   #16
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
In my opinion, the iPad 2 is a better choice, here's why

-Better price
-Lighter than iPad 3 ( yeah, for a bit, but still)
-More accessories and at better prices

Now, if your eyes bother you a bit or need a better resolution, pick the 3.

I honestly don't see mayor differences between 2 and 3 besides the better display. It was not a big of a jump, in my opinion.
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 06:40 PM   #17
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdmsu View Post
I read a story that said schools in Indiana, USA are going to stop teaching handwriting, and focus instead on keyboarding.
http://www.indystar.com/article/2011...ursive-writing

Do you think this is a good or bad thing? Why?
I don't think I have written in cursive for more than twenty years, and I certainly don't miss it. I don't think the world is going to be losing much if people don't learn cursive writing anymore. Typing is a far more useful skill. I wish it has been taught when I was in school. My typing skills are still atrocious.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-14-2012, 11:27 AM   #18
Delotte231
Connoisseur
Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by pidgeon92 View Post
I don't think I have written in cursive for more than twenty years, and I certainly don't miss it. I don't think the world is going to be losing much if people don't learn cursive writing anymore. Typing is a far more useful skill. I wish it has been taught when I was in school. My typing skills are still atrocious.
There will still be plenty of times where writing will be needed. Not all of the world's interfaces and documents have been converted to a paperless environment. I don't think no longer teaching writing will ever be a good move. We would lose a whole culture of skill right there.
Delotte231 is offline   Reply With Quote