Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-12-2012, 12:25 PM   #1
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Exclamation Backup Touch drive before upgrading to 2.0.0

A safety notice: Backup the Touch's internal drive before you upgrade to 2.0.0.

It's easy:
  • Create a folder on your harddrive somewhere
  • Connect the Touch using USB
  • copy all of the files and directories on the Touch to the harddrive folder
Then, when you do the eventual factory reset and finally get 1.9.17 reinstalled, you can copy all of the files back onto to Touch.
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 12:35 PM   #2
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Important disclosure:

I haven't actually copied the files back to the Touch. My Touch is still Square Dancing. Now for over 13 hours since I managed to un-brick it.
Advert
Old 07-13-2012, 04:27 AM   #3
murg
No Comment

This works!

When I finally unbricked my Touch, the Kobo Desktop installed v1.9.17 on it.

So, I deleted all the files from the Touch, copied over my backups, and my Touch is exactly as it was before this whole nightmare started. Even to being at the start of Chapter 8 of the book I was reading.

P.S. I had v1.9.17 previously installed, so the database and files were set up correctly.