Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-07-2012, 08:42 PM   #1
BasilGrows
BasilGrows began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Certain Functions of Calibre Not Working?

Hello!

So I've been using Calibre for about a year now without issue, but February is probably the last time I had cause to fiddle around with it. When I went to use it today, it popped up with an "update to the newest version" window, and then the whole application seemed to freeze. So I force quit, went to the Calibre site, and installed the latest version.

When the new version started running the program wouldn't let me click on anything in the top nav menu (specifically I'm trying to add a PDF to the library and convert it to Mobi so I can send it to my Kindle). These buttons don't seem to be frozen though, because they change on hover and show the help text in the bottom of the program.

It was letting me right click on books already in the library though, so with that in mind I tried dragging and dropping the PDF into the library, which worked, then right clicking to get to the "Convert Individually" option.

Once in that menu it wouldn't let me edit the metadata or click on any of the "buttons", so I couldn't change the output format from the EPub default or click on any of the left nav menus like "Look and Feel".

Again, the program itself doesn't seem to be frozen at all because when I tried hitting enter while in the convert window it submitted the job and successfully converted it to EPub, even though it wouldn't let me click the "Okay" button.

I'm really at a loss. I've tried reinstalling it and restarting my computer. Calibre seems to be the only program giving me this issue, so I assume it's something within it--but it was working fine last time I used it.

Any guesses what could be wrong or how I can fix this? Calibre is essentially crippled beyond use at the moment. Right clicking seems to be the only thing that works, I can't even use the search function or change the sort order. Any sort of "button" or text input field doesn't seem to work. :c
BasilGrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 12:14 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq....ck-on-anything
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert