Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-05-2011, 03:38 AM   #1
thearr
thearr once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thearr once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thearr once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thearr once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thearr once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thearr once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thearr once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thearr once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thearr once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thearr once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thearr once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle3, iPhone4, iPad2
Most often used calibre functions

What calibre functions do you use most often, on an every day basis?
thearr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 03:48 AM   #2
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
Tagging and organizing.
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-05-2011, 05:50 AM   #3
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Searching and transferring to device.

Out of interest, why do you ask?
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 08:05 AM   #4
thearr
thearr once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thearr once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thearr once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thearr once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thearr once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thearr once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thearr once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thearr once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thearr once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thearr once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thearr once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle3, iPhone4, iPad2
Thanks for your answers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manichean View Post
Out of interest, why do you ask?
Calibre is a very powerful ebook library and I personally use, I think, less then 10% of it's abilities (actually only for organizing and books metadata and news fetching); and I'm just curious whether I miss some other handy purposes people use calibre for.
thearr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 08:16 AM   #5
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
1. Adding
2. downloading metadata
3. using plugins
4. saving to disk
5. sending to device
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-05-2011, 08:43 AM   #6
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Conversation.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 09:13 AM   #7
AlbertaCowboy
Guru
AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, PRS-650, iPhone 6, NVIDIA Shield K1
1. Tagging
2. Organizing
3. Conversions
4. Remote Server
5. Flipping through the cover browser with a small sigh of happiness.
AlbertaCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 11:21 AM   #8
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
OMG do you want the answer weighted?
1 tagging/fetching metadata and covers
2 sorting/viewing the list
3 sending/saving to mobile reader
4 converting/editing (calling external programs) of cover or body
5 <there is no single number 5 on a regular basis>
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 01:43 PM   #9
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by user_none View Post
Conversation.
Conversion?
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 03:09 PM   #10
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Passing the time when I am not reading or working or eating or socializing or sleeping.

When I am bored, which is often enough, I play with my calibre library.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 03:12 PM   #11
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Pretty well all of them. The odd exception is 'conversion'. I tend to go for books in ePub only, and I use 'conversion' only occasionally for non-DRM ebooks I can't get in ePub. I wouldn't want to encourage DRM by buying in. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 03:31 PM   #12
Pablo
Guru
Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY PRS-505, PRS-T2
Quote:
Conversation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starson17 View Post
Conversion?
Maybe there's a chat plug-in on the way...
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 03:34 PM   #13
jsmack65
jsmack65 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jsmack65 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jsmack65 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jsmack65 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jsmack65 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jsmack65 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jsmack65 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jsmack65 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jsmack65 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jsmack65 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jsmack65 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook
1.) Editing Metadata, including fetching metadata & cover images
2.) Conversion
3.) "Open ePub in editor" generally to clean something up in Sigil
4.) Send to Device
jsmack65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 04:26 PM   #14
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
Maybe there's a chat plug-in on the way...
That's not a bad idea...

I blame auto correct on my phone.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 04:56 PM   #15
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
That's not a bad idea...

I blame auto correct on my phone.
The Swype keyboard does that to me on a regular basis. I see that I typed the right word, but I fail to notice it's in red and needs to be confirmed. A few messages have been nearly unreadable.

(I like the chat function idea )
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote