Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 06-15-2011, 10:14 PM   #1
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Online Writing Analysis

So I tried this online writing analysis tool and fed it Chapter 30 from the raw rough draft of*my unpublished 3rd book and it came back with:

Quote:
I write like J. K. Rowling. Proof: http://iwl.me/s/32618206

Wonder how it came up with that?
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 10:37 PM   #2
Harper Kingsley
Clone Trooper
Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
For "Little Boy Blue" it said I write like Margaret Mitchell. For "Heroes & Villains" it said I write like David Foster Wallace.

Who are they?
Harper Kingsley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-17-2011, 06:16 AM   #3
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I dunno, but you can probably look them up on Amazon?
Old 06-17-2011, 09:44 AM   #4
Just4kix
Zealot
Just4kix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Just4kix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Just4kix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Just4kix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Just4kix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Just4kix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Just4kix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Just4kix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Just4kix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Just4kix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Just4kix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Margaret Mitchell wrote Gone with the Wind.
Just4kix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 11:32 AM   #5
VydorScope
Wizard

I gave it another chapter and it came back as Orson Scott Card.
Advert
Old 06-17-2011, 01:22 PM   #6
James_Wilde
Guru
James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Iriver Story
J D Salinger http://iwl.me/s/8bf4a8b3
James_Wilde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 02:12 PM   #7
Harper Kingsley
Clone Trooper
Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just4kix View Post
Margaret Mitchell wrote Gone with the Wind.
Yes, I am just another ignorant American. ::whispers:: I haven't even seen the movie ::end whispers::

I think it would be cool to be told I write like Orson Scott Card. I'm not sure if I'd want to be J.D. Salinger... Catcher In the Rye is classic, but I don't know...
Old 06-17-2011, 09:36 PM   #8
Todd Young
Addict
Todd Young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Todd Young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Todd Young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Todd Young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Todd Young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Todd Young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Todd Young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Todd Young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Todd Young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Todd Young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Todd Young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2
I posted ten "ands" and it said I write like Mark Twain.
Todd Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 11:54 PM   #9
Harper Kingsley
Clone Trooper

Huckleberry and and and and and and Finn met Tom and Sawyer and and they were bestest friends and and and secret lovers forever and and and...

The new Twain is much more interesting than the old one, amiright?
Old 06-18-2011, 12:07 AM   #10
Christopher Wood
Enthusiast
Christopher Wood began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
I gave it the first 3 paragraphs of Moby Dick, and it said I write like Robert Louis Stevenson.
Christopher Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 01:26 AM   #11
Harper Kingsley
Clone Trooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher Wood View Post
I gave it the first 3 paragraphs of Moby Dick, and it said I write like Robert Louis Stevenson.
Well, they're both books about about boats and stuff, right? Same diff...
Old 06-18-2011, 11:01 AM   #12
VydorScope
Wizard

Im wondering how it picks? I am guessing it is based on vocab usage. IE Billy Bob uses the word "dog" in 80% of his sentences, and you used it "70%" so you and Billy Bob write alike.

What do you think?
Old 06-18-2011, 07:15 PM   #13
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
For my ketchup essay - Stephen King
For my making money online one - Arthur Clarke
For my jazz/rock article in college - H. P. Lovecraft
A single tweet about pie - Margaret Atwood
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 03:03 AM   #14
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force
Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek,Sony 350/T1,Pandigital,eBM 911,Nook HD/HD+,Fire HDX 7/8.9,PW2
I seem to be getting Cory Doctorow relatively consistently, using posts I've made on another website.
Xanthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 05:24 PM   #15
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
I put up one blog post and got Harry Harrison (whom I've never heard of before). A different blog post got me Vladimir Nabokov (another new name to me). I put a paragraph from my research article and got David Foster Wallace. A different paragraph got me Isaac Asimov. Yet another- H. P. Lovecraft. I could do this all day. But I won't.

Who knew I was so versatile??
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote