Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 03-07-2011, 05:18 AM   #31
spaze
Addict
spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Writing my first short story: Guardian Angel
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsholtz View Post
I can vouch for the site, it is my site and it is legit.

In regards to HarryT and pietrocrazy some people do not have credit cards, but do have Paypal, and if you need to use your credit or debit card you can. Paypal gives you the option to just buy the product with you debit or credit card just like any other stores checkout system.
I second this. I for one don't have a credit card and two, don't want to have one either. Credit cards are curse in this world and makes you purchase things you really cannot afford.

I have an ebook I sell for photographers, from which I get money saved up into my Paypal account. Then with this Paypal money I can do purchases at eBay or other sort of places.

Paypal also has a wonderful protection program. If you file a complain about a purchase you made but never received it, they will withold that amount from seller's paypal account until the problem is resolved. If the seller just ignores your fied case, you will get your money back to your paypal account.

I would like to hear those terrible busines practices I read someone mentioned here. I have never ever experienced any negative things about using Paypal.

For this reason, I disappointed Amazon doesn't have Paypal, but it is understandable that for every sell they make they would have to pay certain amount to Paypal is Paypal was used.
spaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 06:05 AM   #32
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Amazon doesn't take PayPal because they are competitors. Ebay vs Amazon Market Place and Amazon has a similar payment service which anyone can send and receive money then convert to Amazon gift cards or put in your bank account. I've never used it but they will probably never accept PayPal because of this.

I use PayPal for shopping, subscriptions, buying ebooks, pay for my hosting services and of course ebay.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-18-2011, 01:08 PM   #33
Taxidermista
Taxidermista began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsholtz View Post
These are all ideas I have thought about and want to implement in the future. $10 and $50 dollar cards should be coming sooner rather than later, and as for EU cards I just need to find a good supplier with good shipping rates. The site is still very young and there is a lot of room to grow, my next step at the moment is to add Itunes gift cards.

Thank you for your thoughts SpiderMatt, and tell all your friends about the site!
Where did your site go?
Taxidermista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 02:56 AM   #34
applepie
Enthusiast
applepie can teach chickens to fly.applepie can teach chickens to fly.applepie can teach chickens to fly.applepie can teach chickens to fly.applepie can teach chickens to fly.applepie can teach chickens to fly.applepie can teach chickens to fly.applepie can teach chickens to fly.applepie can teach chickens to fly.applepie can teach chickens to fly.applepie can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Nook, Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by spellbanisher View Post
I know that amazon doesn't let you use your checking account to buy ebooks or amazon gift cards. .
Did you mean debit card? Because I always pay with my debit card (checking acct) at amazon.
applepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 05:25 AM   #35
Hellmark
Wizard
Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nokia N800, PRS-505, Nook STR Glowlight, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by applepie View Post
Did you mean debit card? Because I always pay with my debit card (checking acct) at amazon.
As surprising as it may be, not everyone uses debit cards. Some people still write checks.
Hellmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-19-2011, 05:29 AM   #36
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellmark View Post
As surprising as it may be, not everyone uses debit cards. Some people still write checks.
Checks... I think I saw my last one somewhere around 1998... Could be '97...

Weird country, that USA...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 03:33 PM   #37
tclarkegibbs
tclarkegibbs knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'tclarkegibbs knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'tclarkegibbs knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'tclarkegibbs knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'tclarkegibbs knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'tclarkegibbs knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'tclarkegibbs knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'tclarkegibbs knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'tclarkegibbs knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'tclarkegibbs knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'tclarkegibbs knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: none
Forgive me I read most but not all of the previous posts. I understand why some people would like to use paypal. People who sell on ebay and accept paypal for products or services they may sell through paypal are well served to be able to use those funds to buy other online items. I use my paypal like another bank account.

What some might not realize is that you can actually get a debit card that uses your paypal funds. I did this a while back and it is awesome and even pays you back a small percentage when you use the card. So for me it's been a great way to access my funds from my paypal account and I can use it anywhere that mc/visa is accepted because it's a debit card.

Hope this helps someone.
tclarkegibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 04:36 PM   #38
spear
Connoisseur
spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
Checks... I think I saw my last one somewhere around 1998... Could be '97...

Weird country, that USA...
Believe it or not my primary physician (in Brunswick, GA not rural on coast) will only accept cash or check....no debit or credit.....on the other hand, he still makes house visits.
spear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 05:16 PM   #39
applepie
Enthusiast
applepie can teach chickens to fly.applepie can teach chickens to fly.applepie can teach chickens to fly.applepie can teach chickens to fly.applepie can teach chickens to fly.applepie can teach chickens to fly.applepie can teach chickens to fly.applepie can teach chickens to fly.applepie can teach chickens to fly.applepie can teach chickens to fly.applepie can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Nook, Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by spear View Post
Believe it or not my primary physician (in Brunswick, GA not rural on coast) will only accept cash or check....no debit or credit.....on the other hand, he still makes house visits.
Hmmm... debit card = cash.
applepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 11:06 PM   #40
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
Quote:
For you maybe, but the payee will have to pay Visa a processing fee if you use their cards.
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 12:15 AM   #41
Hellmark
Wizard
Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nokia N800, PRS-505, Nook STR Glowlight, Kindle 3
Quote:
Debit is NOT the same as cash, no more than a check is cash. Use of a debit card is just stream lining the check writing process via credit card mechanisms. Stores who accept debit cards have to buy equipment, pay service fees on every transaction, etc. Also, like with checks, debit transactions can be challenged, to where there are instances to which the merchant may end up being out of the cost of the product as well as the money they would have received. When my family had our store, we had that happen a few times. The one time we no longer had the $2600 item, never got the payment, and still had to pay the 3% transaction fee or what ever. If it was a cash sale, we'd still have profited since we would have had the cash in hand.
Hellmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 12:27 PM   #42
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by spellbanisher View Post
Is this for buying ebooks? Because I know that amazon doesn't let you use your checking account to buy ebooks or amazon gift cards. If paypal allowed you to do this then I could see this as a cool little service.
I received an Amazon gift card for my birthday and was able to buy ebooks with it.

Carol
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 04:52 PM   #43
pendragginp
Guru
pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxidermista View Post
Where did your site go?
Yes, the site seems to be gone.

So, as Joey on Friends would say, it seems to be a moo point. ("Like a cow's opinion. It doesn't mean anything. It's moo.")
pendragginp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 11:57 PM   #44
DJHARKAVY
Addict
DJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Blackberry, jetbook lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by spear View Post
That's funny... One of my doctors just decided that he has had too many checks bounce, and now will take cash or card, but not check...
DJHARKAVY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 04:56 AM   #45
afa
The Forgotten
afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite; Nook HD; Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
My doctor only accepts sexual favors as payment...
afa is offline   Reply With Quote