Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-21-2011, 02:57 AM   #1
MrLynx93
MrLynx93 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Kobo stop on 7th square

I have problem with this product since I tried to upgrade. I simply upgraded it automatically after inserting USB to my computer, but the text on cobo: "Updating the software on your eReader - One moment please" was still on screen for 30 minutes. At that time blue light was flashing.I clicked reset, and now device doesn't start correctly: There is text: "kobo eReading: anytime, anyplace". When 7 squares are done it simply stops. When I reset it holding MENU button, there is still red light and blank screen. My computer can't see it after connect. When it is connected and I restart it holding MENU, I only hear signal that something is connected, but I still can't see it. I hope you will help.I am using Windows XP and Ubuntu 10.10 on my computer. I've been trying to start it from SD card, but it doesn't work or I'm doing something wrong. I bought it in New Zeland, but I live in Poland, so it is very far from me to store :/. I writed yesterday to help@kobobooks, but i got only message, that they will kepp contact with me. Sorry for English, if it is bad.
MrLynx93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 09:11 AM   #2
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
I know that the blank screen means the Kobo is in upgrade mode when the screen is blank so I would suggest re-installing the upgrade, since you have already upgraded you will have to force it to upgrade by pushing and holding the keys Control+Shift+U on a PC, or Command+Shift+U on a mac.

P.S your English is great
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-21-2011, 02:47 PM   #3
MrLynx93

RE

Thanks for reply, but it doesn't work, because my computer can't see kobo. Now I'm trying to run it from SD card, and I have already downloaded 3 firmwares and any of them work fine:/ I have 512MB card from my HP Photosmart.
PS. What did you mean in this: "Your English is great" It is fun or good? I learnt it only from schools, I have never been speaking with someone from England etc. :P
Old 02-21-2011, 03:05 PM   #4
ltr
Addict
ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.

Device: Kindle PW-2
Your english is quite good.
ltr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 03:11 PM   #5
MrLynx93

One more thing: When I format card on ubuntu I cant't mark "Bootable", when I mark it it is prosessing for short time, and it came back to Partition Flag: --. Meybe this is why Kobo can;t read it?
Advert
Old 02-21-2011, 07:51 PM   #6
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
I meant good
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote